BrunoMado

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amazing SS Headgear Collection--Must See!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CurtD
    Try to get some of whatever he has been smoking.
    Yep ... or let he tells where it grows.
    Last edited by pimpf; 06-29-2005, 04:51 AM.

Comment

-

I donĀ“t know if to cry or laugh...

Comment

Well this guy obviously doesn't have a clue. Serves him right for not wanting to study the subject Some guy's will buy just about anything as long as it has a swastika on it.

Glenn
        "A Man's Got to Know His Limitations"

Comment

LMAO.... and I don't even collect TR stuff. That modern USAF visored cap piece really takes the cake.I have know a couple of guys who would do just the same thing. One is a gun show dealer type with assorted militaria. Of course his stuff is all ultra rare, comes with a big story & is priced accordingly. Sometimes you just gotta smile & walk away.

Comment

Well if he collects anything with a "swarschtika" (cool word btw ) he has a very nice collection.

Cheers,
            Junior

Comment

WOW.........every one a winner..............

What other 'jems' does he have.........

Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by junior
                "swarschtika" (cool word btw )
                No, it is 'schwarshtika', not "swarschtika".

There are a lot of everywhere. EKman, what made you want to remind us about them?

Comment

Originally posted by EKman
                  My friends, I am glad that this posting has brought you all such joy. I did in fact inform the owner of the actual nature of each of his treasures--after I photographed them. After all, it might be that one of you would pass through my hometown someday, see this atrocity, and brand me an idiot by mere association!
                  He couldn't have been too upset when you told him.....After all, you lived to tell the story.....I wonder IF his backside was a lil' sore after he took a royal reaming?..........Bodes

btw.....I wonder IF the guy kissed him before he f***ked him?

Comment

Originally posted by stevezz1
                    WOW.........every one a winner..............

What other 'jems' does he have.........

Steve.
                    Steve, to be honest, the guy has some nice items hanging around. Nothing really special though. In the past, I have been able to trade some basic military surplus items to him for EKIs, Wound Badges, a real Heer helmet, and a couple of belt buckles. In a safe in the back, he has about a half dozen Army Officer's swords, a Japanese Sword, and a German Police Sword (I think they are real, though I am no expert there). The edged weapons guys would weep to see the way he has them thrown into the stand up safe along with every other bit of clutter--pool sticks, tennis rackets, musical instruments and the like. The safe is used strickly for open cabinet storage, the way things are arranged, the doors will not even close. But this guy has been in the pawn shop business since he came home from the Army--probably sometime in the early 60's and has been collecting "anything with a schwarshtika on it" since he was in Germany in the early 50's. So, as you can imagine, before the collector craze started, he gathered up quite a bit of stuff from people needing a bit of pocket money from their local pawn broker. He says he keeps his nice stuff at his house and one day I would like to be invited there just to see if it is more crap like what I posted here or if there are some real treasures that this uninformed soul has spirited away.
                    Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
                    All the best,
                    Chris

Comment

Even among the worst of collections, some times a treasure can be found. About twenty years ago, a fellow who had similar tastes in collecting paid me to appraise his Japanese sword collection. His collection consisted of nothing that rated better than antique scrap iron. However among the 50 odd blades, was a wonderful important mid 16th century sword that some fool had put on a rough grinding wheel from tip to end of cutting edge. It appeared to be ruined. however, I though it might have a chance to stand restoration. He thought little of it due to the condition and traded it to me in exchange for the appraisal. I sent it to Japan for restoration and after five years got back a wonderful important sword in fantastic condition made by a swordsmith whose work is very rare. It was a crap shoot but things came out fine. Who knows, maybe you will find Goring's medals at his house.

Best of luck.
                      Bob

Comment

Collection

Maybe he should take up collecting beer mats ..... its a lot safer & Cheaper.

Comment

I think everyone could be making a fundamental mistake here! He is a pawn broker (I have dealt with a lot of this breed) and as such is constitutionally incapable of telling the truth. it is quite possible that it is he who has made free with the glue gun and he was sounding you out to see if he could stick it to you. (excuse the pun)

Yours, Guy.

Comment

Guy has a point, maybe he is doing it? You never know.

Comment

this is realy sad to see,
                              the poor guy is so enthausiastic but has no idea of the crap he has
                              it should be worth not even a 100 dollar
                              hahahah best regard michael

Comment

Guy, I see your point and it is valid, but I can say with absolute certainty that this guy did not put those fakes together. I have known the man for over twenty years and he plainly and simply got taken because of his overwhealming ignorance--something I have warned him about before. There was definately no indication that he wanted to try and pass these treasures on to me, in fact, getting the man to part with anything is like pulling hen's teeth. It was years before he would even let me into the back of the shop to look around, and quite some time after that before he would engage in a bit of barter for some of the real German medals he had back there. In any case, I trust that everyone here would be awake enough not to be taken by fakes like these, but the point of my thread--apart from being amusing and entertaining--is that maybe the next time one of us gets taken on a really good fake and has a moment, we can think back to these pictures and say "Well, at least I didn't get saddled with that crap."
                                Interested in candid/private Hitler, KIA, and Holocaust photos. Also any AH related memorabilia--silverware, linen, crystal, china...
                                All the best,
                                Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X