Alte Kaempfer Chevrons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alte Kaempfer Chevrons

Hello, here are two different chevrons, please ignore the RZM tag as I understand some believe the tag itself not to be genuine. Are these just two different manufacturers examples? They are somewhat different and also one due to its folding seen on the back has a smaller distance between the two angled sides. Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Files

I would prefer only the right chevron.
    It is fact the tag is a copy, maybe the chevron as well.
    Not sure if someone would put a poor copy RZM tag on an original chevron.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
      I would prefer only the right chevron.
      It is fact the tag is a copy, maybe the chevron as well.
      Not sure if someone would put a poor copy RZM tag on an original chevron.

Thanks..I do believe both to be original, and simply manufacturers variations, the one on the left has subtle wire woven threads on the side which only stand out upon high magnification, wh ich I have seen on many original field grey and black examples...the pics here are poor..however, I have seen both accepted readily as original. I have posted an example of a black example, unfortunately, the pics I took are poor, the one WITH the tag upon magnifications is identical, and has the same small threads you see which go out horizontally from the left and right of the RIGHT leg of the chevron, quite similar to the liiiilliiiill you see on good SS Bevo cufftitles...one just cant make it out from the pic I posted, but hope this view helps. I know other are of the opinion the tag is good..its just up for debate apparently. Thanks.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 06-03-2020, 02:35 AM.

Comment

some references.
        Last one is one rare SS Stabsscharführer rank chevron that was worn on the lower right sleeve.
        Attached Files

Comment

Better Images

Here are two better images..showing much clearer detail of what I mean.
          Attached Files

Comment

the tag is a 100% repro I can assure you on this one. I have enough references and studied those repros.

Comment

the tag is a 100% repro I can assure you on this one. I have enough references and studied those repros.

My question still stands..please disregard the tag, I have seen enough good items enhanced by something fake to make them more appealing...the black chevron was offered on Estand recently and posted and judged to be good..so..is the cheveron ITSELF an issue?

Side by side comparison:
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 06-03-2020, 03:02 AM.

Comment

The link for the black Chevron...I believe they are identical manufacture.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...hlight=chevron

Comment

The one in the link is OK, maybe its the photo quality what makes me reserved.

Weitze got tons of those chevrons with fake tags and Hritz as well.
                  Compare like letter N of NSADP, Nr N letter is to big same for the numbers, lines are to correct as they are printed perfectly. I am still not sure why to put fake tags on original chevrons. Sure for the money but harder to sell for my view when someone has a clue.
                  Attached Files

Comment

The one in the link is OK, maybe its the photo quality what makes me reserved.

Weitze got tons of those chevrons with fake tags and Hritz as well.
                    Compare like letter N of NSADP, Nr N letter is to big same for the numbers, lines are to correct as they are printed perfectly. I am still not sure why to put fake tags on original chevrons. Sure for the money but harder to sell for my view when someone has a clue.

Thanks..yes I mentioned there was an issue with the tag....and to disregard that...and my first photos were horrible..which is why I posted additional ones..the ipad takes good pics in HDR for what its worth, and the one on the left I posted is IDENTICAL to the one posted in the link, the black version. Thanks for your help.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X