• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 shields

Can I ask your opinions on these shields thanks for any replies
    Attached Files

Hi,

the Galizien shield is one of the fakes/repros.

It is easy to identify (for now) the fake/repro Galizien shields : the "pyramid" in the center of each crown is too large at its base.

See You

Vince

Comment

Both are classical vintage repro of the 70's .
      Nick

Comment

Hi,

here is what an original BeVo "Turkistan" shield should look like.

https://www.emedals.com/a-bevo-turki...lunteer-shield

Pictures courtesy of eMedals.

See You

Vince
        Attached Files

Comment

It seems a co-incidence but I sold 2 identical old fakes (as fakes) to Battleflag Militaria 2 years ago. They were in a bunch of fakes I had acquired as good in the mid 70's from Tony Goodlad at his military shop in Chesterfield and passed them by Gary Wood in the earliest days of the internet forums over on German Daggers.com only to find they were all fake.

Ian.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys

Comment

Hi,

here is my little visual study on the SS Galizien patch.

A few notes :

- at least two variations exist for the repro/fake model, slightly different, but the two have the same "fat" pyramidal crowns.

- at least three machine-woven original models of patches exist as Askold and galizien have said and shown in previous topics. I'm using the most commonly found original model, picture courtesy of the collection of Bob Hritz. All the original patches have "thin" pyramidal crowns.

- to check the gold crowns of a Galizien patch is the easiest way for now to check an original from a repro/fake, but as you can see there are many many other differences between original and repro/fake patches.

See You

Vince
              Attached Files

Comment

Both the woven Ukrainian arm-shields presented by French volunteer are postwar replicas. The original woven Ukrainian arm shields were woven with field-grey backing, not black, and are very rare

Comment

Hi,

Originally posted by starshy View Post
                  Both the woven Ukrainian arm-shields presented by French volunteer are postwar replicas. The original woven Ukrainian arm shields were woven with field-grey backing, not black, and are very rare
                  the shield presented as original is... original, courtesy of Bob Hritz :
                  https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...47#post4195947

More on the Galizien shields :

https://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/for...ields?t=662428

See You

Vince

Comment

Agreed with Vince.

Rene Chavez
                    www.foreignvolunteerlegion.com

Comment

Hi,

it should be noted that various repro/fake models exist, i will try to post more of them in the next days/weeks.

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by starshy View Post

Sorry, but you're quite wrong. Original Galician shield comes in variety of types: Bevo, 4 types: black, field-grey, off-white backings, and one more version imitating the squat embroidered type. Embroidered, 3 types existed.

P.S. The original shield in the topic is post war, these were ordered by Galicia veterans. I was gifted such shield by a veteran in the 90's.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X