Pumpkin-head collar tabs - latewar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pumpkin-head collar tabs - latewar?

I was under the impression theat the s.c. pumpkin-head collar tabs where very late war tabs but then I just saw this interesting photograph at Estand (Nr 1 pic): http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1047896

Seems to me that he is wearing a pumpkin head tab. However, the helmet and uniform doesn´t say latewar to me. So, what is known about the timetable for the pumpkin head tabs?

Probably this man joined the ss earlier and later transferred to tote Totenkopf division so changed only the tab on his earlier tunic

Comment

Originally posted by Donnerwetter View Post
      I was under the impression theat the s.c. pumpkin-head collar tabs where very late war tabs but then I just saw this interesting photograph at Estand (Nr 1 pic): http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru....php?t=1047896

Seems to me that he is wearing a pumpkin head tab. However, the helmet and uniform doesn´t say latewar to me. So, what is known about the timetable for the pumpkin head tabs?
      Adding picture.
      Attached Files
      Give a man an opinion and you feed him for a day,
      teach a man to use the "search" function on the WAF and you feed him for a lifetime.

Comment

Originally posted by Francesco View Post
        Probably this man joined the ss earlier and later transferred to tote Totenkopf division so changed only the tab on his earlier tunic
        Looks like a pretty fresh new uniform and helmet to me...

Comment

The helmet looks to be an m40 and the tunic an m36?

Comment

Originally posted by sniper1cg View Post
            The helmet looks to be an m40 and the tunic an m36?
            It sure looks like that (or possibly a M40 tunic with an darkgreen collar added). A combination that doesn´t really say 1945. Anythings possible of course but is it a likely scenario for this rather early combination of helmet and tunic to survive in this condition to, say 1945?

Anyway, we may have different opinions on this image and when it was taken but what I really was trying to ask is what is known about the pumpkin heads first appearance.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X