RZM SS tag question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RZM SS tag question

Would anyone here know if this is an original tag ? It has black wool fibers stuck to the reverse.
    Attached Files

Not original.

Comment

Originally posted by LOTHRINGEN View Post
      Not original.
      Explain why please, I do not know you and for all I do know you may only have 5 minutes of experience, I am trying to learn something.

Comment

John,

First red flag:
        Look closely at the circle around "RZM" and "SS" and how it leaves a white space with a black center.

But perhaps the best option for you would be to ask a collector who you know well and who has more than 5 minutes of experience.

Comment

To illustrate the explanation of LOTHRINGEN
          Attached Files

Comment

Some tags from eagles and collar tabs (yours is in the middle)
            Attached Files

Comment

Its a repro tag!

As has been said the wide space between the circles is a give away. The right side of the D has too sharp corners. Originals are slightly more rounded.

Comment

With all respect due, we should stop explaining.
                As stated i maybe have less than 5 minutes experience but fakers have now more than that

In any case everybody are here for learning... also from smaller who are not known.

Comment

Thank you everyone , an area my knowledge was very foggy on in recent years.
                  Last edited by John Pic; 05-31-2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

on original tags the horizontal number lines are never 100% correct in their thickness due of the print. The repro ones are exactly same over the whole length due off the modern printing system.

Comment

John,
                      The missing “der NSDAP” after “Reichszeugmeisterei” is another problem with that tag.
                      Fred

Comment

N- means 13 millions, A - means zero in this case. D tagged items has never reached over 2 millions, which number begins in C № 000 001 (2 000 001)

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X