Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Field FEZ

Hi all:
    Please check out this Waffen SS Fez and let me know what you think.
    (And also if you know where I can find the appropriate TK and eagle to replace the ones stripped off).

-Ernst60
    Attached Files

Real but not worth much without insignia.

Comment

Used to be £200 for a mint red fez and £300 for the loose insignia … Hence your dilemma.

Nice fez though.

Ian

Comment

Eagle

Would the standard SS cap eagle (as opposed to the larger arm eagle) be used for such a Fez?

-Ernst

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
          Used to be £200 for a mint red fez and £300 for the loose insignia … Hence your dilemma.

Nice fez though.

Ian
          Damn, 300 quid for a Bevo SS cap insignia set, what I would give to have those prices today!

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst60 View Post
            Would the standard SS cap eagle (as opposed to the larger arm eagle) be used for such a Fez?

-Ernst
            Yes.

Comment

nice one

Comment

Do you have better photos? Particularly the top and the inside where insignia was stitched. Tassel should be held by 4 black-colored loops in the back, not the big gray one. Never seen a sweatband with 1943 on it, either.

Comment

picture of stitch holes

AS REQUESTED...a picture of the inside of the Fez where the stitching holes are...
                  Attached Files

Comment

Ernst60, I would pass on this fez. You can easily find an example that has no problem at a reasonable price.

Comment

Hi Ernst, I hate to say it, but I am also not horribly optimistic when it comes to this fez. I do like stitching pattern of the sweatband to the body of the fez itself, but I don’t like “double shade” where insignia was or the tassel. It maybe the photo quality but I am not sure about the fez color either. If it’s not in your possession, I would also pass on it.

Comment

fez

Heavily distressed tassel but no wear to the body or sweatband? Unlikely.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X