Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KZ camp shoes?

Hello everybody,

Couple of days ago i got this what appears to be berg shoes with wooden soles. They appear to never been worn. I got them from a friend, with no story behind it.

To me they appear to be ok, what are your thoughts?

And if this thread was created in the wrong section please excuse me.

imo re-soled bergschue for civilian use post war

Comment

Netherland style

Comment

Originally posted by greg.p View Post
        imo re-soled bergschue for civilian use post war

Agree totally with this opinion
        Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
        - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

Thank you for your opinions.

I got them really cheap, they came out of attic, so nothing of value was lost. I know that they made all kinds of equipment in the camps and that prisoners often wore wooden sole type of a boots, that is why i thought they might came out of a camp. I also know that kz items are a minefield and i came across this pair, which are also military cut with wooden soles, very similiar to mine. (https://www.aboutww2militaria.com/ww...amp-shoes.html)

Like i said they dont seem to be worn, not only the soles even the leather part of it. If they were previously bergshues, they should have some markings right? I inspected them and didnt find any.

Comment

Hi,

there is zero factual proof that the pair on Espenlaub came from a KZ camp.

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Nightmare View Post
              Thank you for your opinions.

I got them really cheap, they came out of attic, so nothing of value was lost. I know that they made all kinds of equipment in the camps and that prisoners often wore wooden sole type of a boots, that is why i thought they might came out of a camp. I also know that kz items are a minefield and i came across this pair, which are also military cut with wooden soles, very similiar to mine. (https://www.aboutww2militaria.com/ww...amp-shoes.html)

Like i said they dont seem to be worn, not only the soles even the leather part of it. If they were previously bergshues, they should have some markings right? I inspected them and didnt find any.

During the war... and for quite some after the war people made wooden soles... not really that practicle or comfortable... but there was a lot of wood around and replacement leather soles were rare

Comment

agree

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
                  Hi,

there is zero factual proof that the pair on Espenlaub came from a KZ camp.

See You

Vince

Agree... realistically speaking... in a time when ersatz material was being used for important things... look at the high quality leather uppers on those shoes... they were hard wearing tough shoes... not exactly the junk you would send to a KZ... those look like really good quality shoes that were resoled with wood out of necessity, maybe after the war... in 1944 they would be better than most soldiers had and they would probably have had real soles put on and be reissued.

Comment

Original GJ shoes resoled with wood soles early postwar .
                    Nick

Comment

That is more like it...
                      Attached Files
                      WWW.EDELWEISS-ANTIQUES.COM

Specialized in Uniforms, Mountain Troops and Heeresbergfuhrer

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X