X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion on this Handschar tab

IMG_6777.jpg

IMG_6778.jpg

Got this a while back but I'm doubting the authenticity, anybody have any insight?

I don’t like it

Comment

It isn't the standard Dachau-find type. Is it a Delta fake?

Comment

Compared with original is deferent
        Attached Files

Comment

I like the backing. Could it be a variant? We have original variants of the Netherland Wolfsangle tab and also Prinz Eugen Odal rune tab - they both come in standard and skinnier versions. Perhaps this is a similar example?

Comment

Either the very latest generation of fake and essentially a perfect one or just a minor variation of the original Handschar tab. But since you've had it for "a while" I discredit it being a very recent fake. (Unless "a while" is less than a year or so, in which case I might reconsider my opinion.)

It is definite NOT a Delta. The black cloth is wrong, the cutting lines are wrong, the buckram is wrong and the pattern is wrong. In addition, it is undoubtedly too thick, but you would need an edge view to see that. The classic Delta fakes just aren't that close to originals.

Alen Davidson

Comment

Originally posted by Askold View Post
              I like the backing. Could it be a variant? We have original variants of the Netherland Wolfsangle tab and also Prinz Eugen Odal rune tab - they both come in standard and skinnier versions. Perhaps this is a similar example?
              Handschar does have a “skinny scimitar” version as well, which I think this one is trying to imitate.

Comment

Originally posted by chahler View Post
                Compared with original is deferent
                As alluded in my previous post, there are at least three somewhat different variants of original Handschar tab. I feel this one is trying to imitate the “skinny” version where scimitar extends to the very edge of the tab. Stitching and workmanship leave much to be desired, however, when compared to the original.

Comment

Originally posted by V.I.D. View Post
                  I don’t like it
                  So consensus seems to be it's not legit? A shame. Bought it along with a croat volunteer shield, I'd gamble that's probably a fake as well.

Comment

Originally posted by grzmot View Post
                    So consensus seems to be it's not legit? A shame. Bought it along with a croat volunteer shield, I'd gamble that's probably a fake as well.
                    I personally do not like it and would not feel comfortable having it in the collection. I think the front work is subpar, although just like Askold, I actually like the backing, at least from what can be seen on the photo. People can be wrong so you may just want to wait for some more opinions.

Comment

Hi,

here we go, my updated visual studies on the three known variations of the Hanschar tab.

See You

Vince
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

grzmot, can you post better and closer pictures of the front/back of the tab, and also your Croatian shield (front/back) ?

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
                          Hi,

grzmot, can you post better and closer pictures of the front/back of the tab, and also your Croatian shield (front/back) ?

See You

Vince
                          Thank you Vince! Great summary!

Comment

This is on sale for $12.95 on the trident-military.com website as a repro. Unfortunately, this is the best picture. No idea about scale but it has the shiny silver-grey cotton and mis-shapen swastika.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
                              Hi,

See You

Vince
                              Yes I can, I'll post them in just a minute.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X