Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS shooting award dedication

Hi All
    I have had this painting/award document for many years sitting around and always wondered if it were in fact an original or some fantasy piece? It is well made and very detailed except for the SS runes in the black shield. Even if it is deemed to be a fake fantasy piece it is kind of a neat and interesting item?

What are your thoughts, Opinions are very much appreciated
    Steve
    Attached Files

I think the fakers corrected themselves and changed the Pz.Reg. Germania (which did not exist) into Pz.Gren.Reg. Germania. Or am I wrong?......

Grss

Comment

Fake!

Comment

I'm certainly not well versed in paper, but my radar tells me that at least the hand lettering, the ink stamp and the hand drawn SS shield are all bogus. I will defer to those more familiar with non-standard period award docs to comment on the base certificate.

At best, someone ruined a really nice Third Reich document, At worst, a complete fantasy.

Alen Davidson

Comment

I would say fake. It should be noted that “Germania” was not a PzGren-Rgt until 9th of November 1942; hence the unit designation is odd for the date. Further, I have difficulties see why the document would be issued in Hamburg. At this point the regiment was in action on the eastern front, and as far as I’m concerned the AuE was in Arnheim.

Comment

Originally posted by Lasse L View Post
            It should be noted that “Germania” was not a PzGren-Rgt until 9th of November 1942; hence the unit designation is odd for the date. Further, I have difficulties see why the document would be issued in Hamburg. At this point the regiment was in action on the eastern front, and as far as I’m concerned the AuE was in Arnheim.
            Yes, 2/10 MUST try harder.

Ian

Comment

Even if the work is not original, it may still have historical value, especially if it is a copy or reproduction from a later period. Slope Game

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X