Belt with SS embossed markings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Belt with SS embossed markings

I posted this in the general equipment forum a few days ago and have gotten zero input so I concluded I may have posted it in the wrong place to get the right eyes on it. I would appreciate any informed assessments. Thanks!!
    Original post:
    I recently got this belt as part of a larger batch of items.
    Since I don't collect SS I was thinking about putting it up for sale. However, due to my lack of expertise I do not want to advertise the markings as original without confirmation. I would greatly appreciate some input from those with familiarity with original SS markings. The tongue for the buckle prongs was lengthened or repaired, but the markings are on the original portion. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

SS markings is Fake IMO
    Belt with many red flags!

Comment

SS embossed markings. . . are normally much deeper and clear
      I don't rate these at all
      Regards David

Comment

looks the belt was getting also sometimes (who knows when) getting repaired.

Comment

nope...& it looks like ink

Comment

Thanks for the comments gents. I had no high hopes for the markings, but thought it was worth getting some input. They are actually embossed into the leather FWIW, not just ink on the surface.

The belt itself is period but humped up with those markings. The repair appears period too IMO.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X