Totenkopf ring opinions please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Totenkopf ring opinions please

Hi guys have the opportunity to buy this ring. Would kindly appreciate your help
    Attached Files

Is this a period pattern? I have wanted to ask about these myself.

Comment

One just like it sold on the estand just a few days ago.

Comment

Do you reckon guys is legit?

Comment

ring have a good chance for original
          IMO this is good , original ring

Comment

It's very cool!

Comment

smiling skull ring

hi members
              this type skull is a great original type getting hard to find one with the proper manufacture i believe i have one not sure in my fore sale collection i call this type the smiling skull and thats my honest opinion hope every body agrees if not lets hear what you have to say about this original smiling skull ring god bless all andy militarynut

Comment

I saw a advert many years ago describing it as a Momento Mori ring. The pattern has been around pre war, wartime, and postwar...Don't know exactly what it is other that a skull ring.
                This example looks like what might be a Ln mark stamped in the band.[Lauren mark],meaning it was made to a high degree of materials and finish etc.. Could this be a WW2 German soldiers ring?,,,sure..

Comment

G. dont understand your question: what doubts can be ?
                  In Russia, this type of ring is very well known, it is sometimes found, it is considered quite rare.

Comment

Guys I really appreciate all your comments, the skull resembles that of the SS am I right to say that?

Comment

please, don't mis understand me.. I have no doubts. This ring has the hallmarks of a German made ring from the 3rd reich era.
                      I'm just saying the pattern was used before the war, wartime, and after the war and by other countries too.

It is not a particularly a SS ring, nor for any nazi organization per say. It is a pattern that sometimes way back refers to a Momento mori ring that turned in to a regular private purchase skull ring. .

Comment

Can you show better pictures of the makers marks? I can see the 835, but maybe the other two could help place where and when (and by whom?) it was made?

Comment

It is a well known fake ring whose SS skull is placed to sell it better.

Comment

Now this is interesting, could you please show some proof on that?
                            Originally posted by Reinhard2 View Post
                            It is a well known fake ring whose SS skull is placed to sell it better.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X