SS Egg Cup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Egg Cup.

Anyone seen these before? Would love to pick one up of good. Thanks!
    Attached Files

You believe this to be real ?
    Regards David
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
      You believe this to be real ?
      Regards David
      haha. This is why I come here to ask Jedi master. Unfortunately new to the game , but slowly learning .... .Real slow ....

Comment

Good you asked! This item does not make any sense however D

Welcome to the hobby!

N

Comment

That's nasty, and I'm not on about the dog crapping

Comment

I see so many new collectors that want to just dive right in to collecting the rarest thing they can find. But then they get stung buying some humped up piece and get soured on the hobby and leave. Thankfully this forum can help in avoiding really bad decisions, but I wish more new collectors would take a "slow and steady" approach and start with some of the more common items and work their way up (and get some of the really great reference books out there) Then once they understand construction techniques, patterns, markings, what real aging looks like, and more importantly what the organizations were and the kind of things that they had and used - they will be better informed on those "buy it or pass" moments when a rare item does come along- and they will still have amassed a nice collection to be proud of along the way!
            http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jerry D View Post
              I see so many new collectors that want to just dive right in to collecting the rarest thing they can find. But then they get stung buying some humped up piece and get soured on the hobby and leave. Thankfully this forum can help in avoiding really bad decisions, but I wish more new collectors would take a "slow and steady" approach and start with some of the more common items and work their way up (and get some of the really great reference books out there) Then once they understand construction techniques, patterns, markings, what real aging looks like, and more importantly what the organizations were and the kind of things that they had and used - they will be better informed on those "buy it or pass" moments when a rare item does come along- and they will still have amassed a nice collection to be proud of along the way!
              Agree 100% . Its just when something great comes along I do notice that it gets swept up pretty fast . I got hammered in the US and Germany on many things. It didn't turn me away from the hobby , actually made me want to learn about it even more. I finally purchased my first great piece , the DAF general visor on my avatar. Was like a little kid . Still all the books in the world I can buy is no match for an experienced collectors knowledge. So grateful for this forum for that.

All the best...

Comment

Glad you are sticking around! Every collector has been stung at least once- anyone one who says that they have not are either lying to you or to themselves. You do have to jump fast when good items come up - that's for sure! And never stop trying to learn more! (I didn't even know the DAF had "generals" -so I learned something too!)
                http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Comment

Glad you are sticking around! Every collector has been stung at least once- anyone one who says that they have not are either lying to you or to themselves. You do have to jump fast when good items come up - that's for sure! And never stop trying to learn more! (I didn't even know the DAF had "generals" -so I learned something too!)
                    Haah . I could be wrong . . But it was worded as a Generals Visor .
                    Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X