Opinions - SS Cuff Title Nord - Cut

Hope for the forums opinion - Thanks:-)

Cut CT Nord with color loss
    RZM type

Thanks
    Nicolai
    Attached Files

Looks good to me.

I don't think it is possible to fake this kind of distress.

Father Time.

Comment

Quite odd how the Nord Division was never officially entitled
      to a "Nord" cuff title
      The regiments Reinhard Heydrich and Michael Gaissmair were,
      along with Ski Battalion Norge
      This one may well be a war time adaptation from a blank cuff
      Its lack of quality in the embroidery removes it from a RZM type titles.

Comment

not 100% sure on this one

Comment

Not related to division Nord at all. The only Nord title was a prewar one, for one of the Standarten, I believe

Comment

Originally posted by Graham G View Post
            Not related to division Nord at all. The only Nord title was a prewar one, for one of the Standarten, I believe
            Correct but the title was widely worn amongst members of the division as testament by many photos. There is also photos of transferred members still wearing the Nord cuff so while not official it was certainly tolerated.

Comment

Looks fake to me and aged with a blow torch.

Ian

Comment

Nord was also an SS-Oberabschnitt, this Abschitt was also wearing the Nord cuffband. Abschnitt Nord was Norway, so quite possibe regarding the embroidery style maybe it was foreign emboidered in Norway. This just as a thought comparable to Belgian embroidery style variants, but who knows for sure ...

Comment

Could be a part of the feldhernhalle band with fantasy hand embroidery ........

Comment

Originally posted by joachim42 View Post
                    Could be a part of the feldhernhalle band with fantasy hand embroidery ........
                    But wouldn't it be brownish on the reverse as well if this was the case.

Impossible to tell if it is genuine or not. Does not look like "normal" faked bands, but without provenance it can swing either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Stangell View Post
                      But wouldn't it be brownish on the reverse as well if this was the case.

Impossible to tell if it is genuine or not. Does not look like "normal" faked bands, but without provenance it can swing either way.
                      Yes,my mistake,now I have see and Nord is machine embroidered also the retro of band from my PC is black.......... or brown?

Comment

Originally posted by simon View Post
                        Correct but the title was widely worn amongst members of the division as testament by many photos. There is also photos of transferred members still wearing the Nord cuff so while not official it was certainly tolerated.
                        Would you mind posting these (or sending in private)? I'd love to see them

Comment

Thanks forum for all the opinions. Seem like its a difficult one, with some mixed opinions. For sure not aged with a blow torch. Not burned, and no weird smell to it. But dont remember seen other CT aged like this. My guess is it have been stored in direct sun for years. I dont have any history on it, so its a case where the item most speak for it self. The seller said it came from a large collection, that he bought. Got it to a fair price and thought it was worth to take a chance on.
                          It was purchased in Denmark, so a Norway connection could maybe be possible?

Thanks
                          Nicolai

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X