curtesy of Martin S
    Attached Files

Comment

I have big doubts Martin would mess with any insignia

Comment

Originally posted by sutka View Post
        here is one for sale on Hannah Reich SOLD
        curtesy of Martin S
        Thats a nice original camo cap eagle... Text book like it should be...

//Felix

Comment

so now you saying green colored eagles exist and they whore not dyed recently
          its very cofussing
          what characteristics make that bird text book original ? and what characteristics make rest of them fake or dyed
          o sorry I forgat about skulls

Comment

Hi,

brown (autumn) and green (summer) cap skulls and cap eagles exist as factory applied on camo caps (elusive as hell caps), but also as stand alone items (supposedly to be added on camo items by the troops).
            Those stand alone brown[*]/green eagles and skulls can be found from time to time, but are not that common.

- Green and brown cap skulls seemed to be very uncommon and hard to find.
            - Green cap eagles seemed to be more easy to find (ex : the one on Martin website).
            -[*] I don't have any stand alone brown cap eagle in my archives, so i can't confirm that they existed as such.

Opinions vary (to say the least...) on the various skulls/eagles that have different tone colors (brown, green and tropical) and which are different from the confirmed green and brown cap skulls/eagles (previously presented above) and which may be infact normal (white) cap skulls/eagles which were dyed.

Same for (white) arm eagles, which may be dyed (in brown, green, and tropical).

Many variations of those suspicious insignia were presented on the WAF.
            If some are obvious dyed ones (= "pimped" white ones), some other ones (cap skulls and cap eagles) are said to be early prototypes/short runs with different color tones. Opinions are divided on those ones.

See You

Vince

Comment

thank you Vince
              I have lot of respect for you for always in depth analisys
              I think some thinks are never change
              we all should be happy what we poses and enjoy

Comment

The Green and Brown camo eagle and Skull are of one bevo known type..seen on maybe a half dozen remaining example of the reversible camo cap..the brown and green variant is also made in white and is also POSSIBLY the same variant made in light tan for the SS tropical cap..I owned a tropical overseas cap with the dark brown skull and eagle removed from SS camp stocks at wars end by US Army Officer..
                Billbert

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X