Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-Junkerschule Tölz

Hello fellows,

This is not exactly my field of expertise , but I was offered this silver seal that supposedly came from Bad Tolz SS school and belonged to Werner Dörffler, one of the commandants at that school. Can anyone make out the inscription on the seal ?Would appreciate your opinion.
    Val
    Attached Files

Well the inscription on the stamp is "Meine Ehre Heißt Treue", the motto of the SS. I am not able to say what the three letters in the middle are except for the "S".

If it is geuine or not, I leave to some one else to make a verdict about.

Comment

Mirror image
      Attached Files

Comment

W => Werner?
        D => Dörffler?
        S => ?

Comment

WDS - I guess that's supposed to be the owners initials:

Werner Dörffler-Schuband

Comment

Puzzle solved and rather quickly!
            Thanks everyone. I think I'll go for it

Comment

You are wise not too. . .
              Regards David

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
                You are wise not too. . .
                Regards David
                Well, so far this source haven't let me down, which of course in no way authenticates the item. Just picked up this from from the same
                Attached Files

Comment

To avoid starting another thread I'll post more goodies here for review. Your opinion is appreciated.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Sorry, but I do not like the look of that Erbhof sign. Here's what an original should look like. Note the quality difference in the pieces, especially the reverse, especially around the rune and at the bottom. Completely different in comparison, imo. Mine comes directly from a farm estate.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Close-up.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair44 View Post
                        Sorry, but I do not like the look of that Erbhof sign. Here's what an original should look like. Note the quality difference in the pieces, especially the reverse, especially around the rune and at the bottom. Completely different in comparison, imo. Mine comes directly from a farm estate.
                        Hi Thanks for your input. I know my Erbhofschilds and I know what the fake once look like. What you see on the back that may be concerning to you is a heavy corrosion as this sign is not as well preserved as yours. No fake Erbhof signs come with concave lettering on reverse ,at least I haven't seen one yet.

Comment

Erbhof sign copy with low quality casting quality. Your insignias are mostly cheapo copys. The LAH stamp is for my view added to your booklet.
                          Just take care where you spend your money for. The dog tag is also a copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
                            Erbhof sign copy with low quality casting quality. Your insignias are mostly cheapo copys. The LAH stamp is for my view added to your booklet.
                            Just take care where you spend your money for. The dog tag is also a copy.
                            Thanks Robert. As I've said at the beginning, SS and particularly insignia is not my field and will definitively stay away from the merchandise above. As far as Erbhof , I could post a bunch of fakes and authentic ones to prove my point. But I will only post
                            one of each for members to see the differences and similarities.

Val
                            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X