A Green camo skull for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Green camo skull for review

I had put this on the Estand. A fellow contacted me suggesting that I have it critiqued here because he suspected a dye-job.

So that's what I am doing. It seems a bit more light green than others I have seen. But I have tried to make close-ups as close as possible.

Anybody have an opinion either way?
    Attached Files

It isn't the standard type as found in green and brown for the camo cap. Some believe these were a short trial run, others that they are fake. From experience they aren't dyed grey or tan ones and the pattern is original.

Ian.

Comment

It does look yellowish to me bur each computer screen will probably
      look different.

Comment

That is not right, looks like someone used a fabric marker and made a tan TK green.
        Last edited by dhunter93; 03-23-2020, 08:48 PM.

Comment

Hi,

If you compare with a tropical model, you see that the wool thread is similar (the ones for the green and brown camo skulls are more thick/bushy).

The original green skull is courtesy from the 3-skull stripe found by BenVK in February 2009, the tropical skull is courtesy of rnbo.

I'm also reposting the closeup pictures of Ken of the wool threads of his skull for the sake of the discussion.

See You

Vince
          Attached Files
          Last edited by FrenchVolunteer; 03-23-2020, 08:58 PM.

Comment

A common tropical skull for comparison.
            Attached Files

Comment

Looks like Vince beat me to it!

So I guess we have another Tropical example.

Alen

Comment

Hi,

Ian, what may be the source for the short-run of those kind of "light" green camo skull ?

How many did appear and were they looking all the same ?

I suspect that many guys tried to dye tropical models over the years ?

See You

Vince

Comment

From what I've seen, the dyed tropical skulls tend to be a lighter shade of green than the originals, in addition to being the distinctive pattern of the common tropical skull.

Alen

Comment

I agree the skull is a dyed tropical example. The original green insignia in hand really pops- it's a very unusual bright green

Comment

There are skulls and also sleeve eagles in this shade of green and also brown ... they are not just a different shade of green they are a totally different design to the 'standard' green and brown cap insignia which are unique and distinctive.

Ian

Comment

I am surprised that over the years nobody took a proper shade of green marker and had a go at it

Comment

Hi,

thanks Ian for the additional infos.

But in your opinion are they legit ? Or just tropical models that were pimped ?

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
                            Hi,

thanks Ian for the additional infos.

But in your opinion are they legit ? Or just tropical models that were pimped ?

See You

Vince
                            Hi Vince, I have seen these and the brown sleeve eagles turn up from people who were not looking to sell them and who are not the sort of people out to fool or rob people.

Are they real ? In my opinion there is more to them than just being dyed tropical insignia. They are not 'textbook' other than the actual design and I believe they are probably from a short trial run.

Ian

Comment

I don't think we would be right to compare the subject green skull with the one which Vince shows. They are not the same pattern skull. Not woven in the same way and the graphics of the skull are different. It is apples and oranges.

Back in the day, we used to refer to Vince's skull as the "Narrow" skull vs the "wide" skull which is the subject skull here.

See below the difference. There are photos of a "Narrow" skull in white. The design is noticeably different and the back shows a very different weaving style.

The subject skull is shown front and rear in comparison.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X