Two Runic Collar tabs for review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Runic Collar tabs for review

I would like to get your opinion about the originality of those two SS-Runic Collar Tabs. They have very different silver wire piping, so one of them should be wrong. Both pieces seem to have "Unterlagen".
    Thank you in advance for your comments.
    Attached Files

IMO original

Comment

Originally posted by chahler View Post
      IMO original
      Thank you very much for your comment.
      Regards,
      Klaus

Comment

Two nice period pieces IMO . . .
        Regards David

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
          Two nice period pieces IMO . . .
          Regards David
          Thanks a lot for your opinion.
          Best regards,
          Klaus

Comment

The badly mothed one is a nice study in construction with the unterlagen and bullion embroidery backing pad clearly visible. Thanks for posting these tabs, which both are solid originals.

s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
              The badly mothed one is a nice study in construction with the unterlagen and bullion embroidery backing pad clearly visible.
              Absolutely. It's a shame books don't show examples like this of the textbook manufacture technique instead of 'Foreign-made' weirdos.

Ian

Comment

Ian and Robert, thank you very much for the friendly words about my tab. Condition is very poor. But as you say, it gives possibility to see the construction technique of the item. I think, pieces like this one seem to be avoided by collectors. Therefore we do not see them in the books and on the Forums.
                Best regards,
                Klaus

Comment

What stands out in the second one is the thickness of the runes and it is indeed a good study. I think I have one or two like that and I will dig them out and post pictures for comparison, but indeed the first is more of what we are used to seeing. Thank you for sharing. John

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
                    What stands out in the second one is the thickness of the runes and it is indeed a good study. I think I have one or two like that and I will dig them out and post pictures for comparison, but indeed the first is more of what we are used to seeing. Thank you for sharing. John
                    Thanks a lot for your comment. It would be very interesting to see your pieces.
                    Best regards,
                    Klaus

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                    X