Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unknown handicapped SS Blood order recipient

Hey!

I have a set with Flemish SS photos and on these two photos is a handicapped (one arm) SS blood order recipient.
    Anyone has an idea who it is?

Best regards,

Oorlogsspullen
    Attached Files
    https://oorlogsspullen.nl/

sigpic

I believe that is Karl Doerfler, who received BO #748 for his participation in the Putsch as a member of the Bund Oberland. I know he was a WSS Untersturmfuhrer, and lost his right arm, presumably as a result of military action.

Comment

Thank you bill!

Originally posted by Bill G. View Post
      I believe that is Karl Doerfler, who received BO #748 for his participation in the Putsch as a member of the Bund Oberland. I know he was a WSS Untersturmfuhrer, and lost his right arm, presumably as a result of military action.
      https://oorlogsspullen.nl/

sigpic

Comment

Should be this man:

https://www.geschichtewiki.wien.gv.at/Hans_D%C3%B6rfler

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Kristian View Post
          Can't be that man as he's born 1907. The man in the photo's is a World War 1 veteran, as can be seen from the EK2 ribbon with the repetition clasp.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
            Can't be that man as he's born 1907. The man in the photo's is a World War 1 veteran, as can be seen from the EK2 ribbon with the repetition clasp.
            Also, he is wearing the 1921/1923 diamond shaped Bund Oberland insignia on his tunic. Doerfler held the Allgemeine SS tank of Obersturmbannfuehrer. His WSS rank was actually a reserve rank. His birthdate was 12/7/1896.

Comment

Just an observation: He is also seen in a photograph (but not identified) in Christopher Ailsby's The SS:Hitler's Instrument of Terror.

Comment

Originally posted by Dansson View Post
                So not Dörfler...

Comment

Originally posted by Hans Kristian View Post
                  So not Dörfler...
                  Not saying it isn't. This would be a good spot to mention, we are talking about two different Dörfler's.

Bill mentions Karl Dörfler as a BO recipient, and Hans mentions a different Dörfler: Hans Dörfler with his link

Comment

Originally posted by HPL2008 View Post
                    Just an observation: He is also seen in a photograph (but not identified) in Christopher Ailsby's The SS:Hitler's Instrument of Terror.
                    Yes, and in that photo he is wearing the same tunic with the same decorations.

A photo of Karl can also be found in Fur das Stolze Edelweiss, the photo history of the Freikorps and Bund Oberland (Brienna Verlag, 1999).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X