GeneralAssaultMilitaria

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS Wekstatt Kompanie Fragment....what unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Wekstatt Kompanie Fragment....what unit?

Hi, found this a few days ago, in a camp. Unfortunately not complete, but still, I like it.

I did find a few SS dog tags before, but this one has VERY small letters, in a way I have never seen before. I was told it will be either Nordland or LAH, whereby LAH would be likely as I found some LAH there before.

So my Question......what unit is it exactly, is it possible to determine this? And does somebody have a similar dog tag to Show in it´s full Beauty? I would love to see one complete, this very small font of letters on a SS Wekstatt Kompanie tag.

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Earlier one
    Weapons Workshop
    Attached Files
    Last edited by istra63; 03-12-2020, 04:40 PM.

Comment

This one came with some interesting items and history.

Based on what I am seeing in this thread, the zinc examples are later in the war ?

Chris

p.s. it has "WAFFEN SS" on the reverse with the proper rune type SS like a collar tab.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice to have a matching erkennungsmarke with the Soldbuch. Zinc does not necessarily mean late war however. Nice examples, there are fakes about.

Comment

There are photos of this unit in Die Leibstandarte im Bild by Rudolph Lehmann. One is the commander, Hauptsturmfuhrer Alfred Gilles, and the other shows vehicles under repair in Kharkov right before the Kursk operation.

Comment

I found my Fragment in Austria where the LAH "dissolved" at the end of the war. So you guys are sure my part is LAH as well, Right?
            I have found other LAH tags in the area, but None with this specific very small font. If you compare the size of the tag and the size of the stencelling (letters), you will see what I mean…..very small letters, like I have never seen before….

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X