SS LAH Adolf Hitler officer's cufftitle opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TomH View Post
    The poor quality embroidery when compared to known originals.
    This was the first thing I noticed(the lower left corner of the "A" among other things) and my initial reaction was that it was fake as a result.

Comment

Originally posted by Gefolgsmann View Post
      The base band is original and the RZM-Labels olso.
      The embroideryis as good as the craftsmans competency allows.
      IMO a genuine cuff in a nice condition.
      Best regards,
      Gefolgsmann
      The questions was "why is it a fake?".

Band is good, labels are good - ergo it can only be a fake due to the embroidery.

If you like the band, that's great. Me - I prefer them to look a little more like this.

Cheers

Tom
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by TomH View Post
        If you like the band, that's great. Me - I prefer them to look a little more like this.

Cheers

Tom
        Hello Tom,

me too (but I'm not collecting SS anymore).

I was just ask to help and my valuation was "I can not find something wrong, but the embroidery is ugly."

The question is, makes an ugly embroidery on an original band with fitting original tags the band a fake, or can it also just be an ugly original?

I remember another case were I had posted probably ten years ago here on WAF a handembroidered "Oberbayern" cufftitle which everyone answered it is fake because the embroidery was also ugly. After I posted more and more stuff from the same source, my PN was full and everyone wanted to buy this bad cufftitle (and the good other stuff). If I remember right, Dr.Strangelove got the group at the end.
        So is there a chance that this LAH cufftitle is just an ugly original or is it for sure a fake?

Best regards,
        Andreas

Comment

Dieser Ärmelstreifen ist zu 100% ein Original. Nur weil das A nicht der Norm entspricht muß es noch lange kein originaler Ärmelstreifen sein. Der Ärmelstreifen wurde von Hand gestickt und nicht maschinell und dazu wahrscheinlich ohne Stickunterlage. Aber es ist natürlich oft so und besonders bei solchen besonderen Ärmelstreifen.Wenn es nicht Eurer Norm entspricht dann ist es schlecht. Mal darüber nach gedacht dass der Ärmelstreifen von einem Menschen hergestellt wurde der eventuell auch mal einen schlechten Tag hatte.

Comment

Originally posted by Jan_79 View Post
            Dieser Ärmelstreifen ist zu 100% ein Original. Nur weil das A nicht der Norm entspricht muß es noch lange kein originaler Ärmelstreifen sein. Der Ärmelstreifen wurde von Hand gestickt und nicht maschinell und dazu wahrscheinlich ohne Stickunterlage. Aber es ist natürlich oft so und besonders bei solchen besonderen Ärmelstreifen.Wenn es nicht Eurer Norm entspricht dann ist es schlecht. Mal darüber nach gedacht dass der Ärmelstreifen von einem Menschen hergestellt wurde der eventuell auch mal einen schlechten Tag hatte.

Ich stimme dieser Aussage zu. Common guys, this band looks good even though it may not be "textbook" perfect (whatever that is....).

CB

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X