• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hungarian 36M rangefinder

Hello my friends!
    Please help me wit your opinions
    Here is the hungarian rangefinder 1936M used for 40 mm AA guns
    As we know good, this optic made for only hungarian army (only 486 item), but you can see the waffenamt stamp (WaA865-Wilhelm Albertsmeier Maschinenfabrik Mülheim/Rhein Von Grafe Str.29 code fxx)
    I hesitate about the WaA stamp but this is maybe period on the rangefinder.
    What do you think?
    Thank you for your time
    Attached Files

The plate with the two openings for the two libelle. Is that plate curved or flat?
    I do wonder why I can see the wings of the eagle and the WaA at the bottom, but not the body of the eagle.
    In general, I can understand why you wonder about the WaA markings.
    It is as if someone has marked the rangefinder without a proper support for the strikes. Making doubles and skewed markings.
    Not unseen, but highly unusual.

Were these rangefinders ever officially turned over to the Wehrmacht? Or were they at any point seized?
    Here in Denmark, until 1942, danish rangefinders, torpedoboats, machine guns and anti aircraft cannons were "given/loaned" to the germans. Subsequently, the germans took responsibility for the "protection" of the danish nation against the evil allies. But we had to supply the germans with the means to do so.
    Regarding markings, pre 1943, there was no WaA markings to be found on the danish equipment. Post 1943, when the germans took over more and more equipment, without the consent of the danish government, the germans started marking danish equipment with WaA stamps. usually a gun or a holster was marked once, rarely twice, with a WaA. Basically meaning a german waffenmeister had checked it and found it useable.
    Most WaA markings here was WaA C6 and WaA C10. C being one of the 4 "flying squad" WaA´s responsible for the odd marking jobs. For instance, WaA D20 marked the french and spanish guns taken into german service.

So, unless this rangefinder was repaired/rebuilt in a german factory, I would expect a WaA A, B, C, or D mark.

Just one last question: Did Hungary use the libelles? or are they something the germans has added? The hungarian manual must show this
    Last edited by Mikedenmark; 12-15-2019, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Finnish Army bought this models from Hungary whit 40mm bofors.

No WaA markings. https://aijaa.com/4xPMrg
      Last edited by raak; 12-15-2019, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Thank you!
        Very interesting informations!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X