MilitaryStockholm

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stange Little Trench Tripod for Z.F.14 and another? + Late war cover !! Helps needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stange Little Trench Tripod for Z.F.14 and another? + Late war cover !! Helps needed

Hello,
    I want to show my new pieces to collection, not so common piece to find I belive...Besides can someone help me with more info about ? Name-model and all around ? Thanks all
    Attached Files

According to the printed manual you show, it is named: Kleines Spreizbares scherenfernrohrgestell.

or, in english: small spreadable panorama binocular mount/basis. My guess is, it means the legs can be spread.

I have never seen it before.
    And how it can support a SF14 without tipping over, is beyond me.

Comment

it really is a rare piece and above all yours is well kept.
      There are dozens of photos on the web that portray your tripod in action.
      Here is one picture of the many: https://www.dhm.de/lemo/bestand/obje...rohr-1940.html

really fascinating is the German engineering of that period, applied to the instruments. This stand has automatic balancing thanks to its structure, the center of gravity is perfectly balanced being in the center and it will be enough to position the scherenfernrohr perpendicular to a leg of the stand!

Comment

I’ve got one that came with my S.F. 14z. Nice that you have the pouch. I’ve seen just one come up on eBay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks all very much for help and info...True is then I never see complet like this in my life and if I come across this pouch I realy have no idea about purpose of it...Besides what was the price for piece on ebay you mentioned ? Thanks

Comment

And there seems to be at least 3 variants. ?
            The one with two round rods, and 2 machined.
            One solid, as seen in the manual, and now this one, machined, and slotted.

Pretty old guy to be a ritterkreuzträger?

Comment

I recall the one on eBay being listed for $1,100 usd and not sure if it ever sold for that. The seller had set he was parting out piecemeal with all components overpriced in my opinion. I believe he still has the tree spike listed for $400 usd.

Comment

It’s back on eBay

Rare WWII German S.f.14 Rabbit Ear Trench Periscope Binoculars Trench Mount

Comment

Thank for info ! It is crazy price I think a little bit...But true is I never come acroos this piece....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X