tan bino case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tan bino case

like to show my tan bino case that i got from the vets family. for sure french made...is this a common case ? because i never saw it in tan before....
    best regards jens
    Attached Files

I've seen them only rarely and something tells me it may be immediate post war - but I may be wrong...

Comment

I've got one like this and don't think it's particularly rare on French eBay and other French auction sites. It's for an 8x30 and believe it's post-war but am not sure. I also have the same type French case which is finished in dark green and which is definitely post-war.

Comment

Postwar issue ...no french leather items are existing before 1945 in sand colour !
        Made to match the whole set of sand colour equipments in use after the 50's .
        Nick

Comment

Interesting - a continuation of the German late war European theatre tan perhaps? I notice Danish optics went tan too post war.

Comment

many thanks for info Nick

Comment

Originally posted by GAMS1 View Post
              Postwar issue ...no french leather items are existing before 1945 in sand colour !
              Made to match the whole set of sand colour equipments in use after the 50's .
              Nick
              I've seen quite a few black colored post-war French military hand-held binoculars but not any tan colored ones. Some of the Huet Porro II's made under German occupation were sand colored. Can't comment on the color of other types of French equipment. A lot of the Danish post-war binoculars were tan colored for sure.
              Last edited by Wpgbinocular; 11-13-2019, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Maybe he means leather equipment rather than binoculars.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Bilko View Post
                  Maybe he means leather equipment rather than binoculars.
                  I was talikng about the shown piece of equipment , not about any
                  french binoculars !
                  Nick

Comment

That's what I'm saying Nick - I'm agreeing with you Buddy .

Comment

The danish binoculars were not the only tan models. I have seen them without danish markings as well.

Still, Denmark bought both Steiheils from München and BBT Krauss from France. Both tan, so, I suppose, someone really wanted the tan colour.
                      Unfortunately, I have not yet been able to get any info on danish postwar military purchases of binoculars. Like why there is a 6x30 model 51 and another model 52.

One has to wait untill the military feel like handing over the paperwork to the public archive. And then some... sometimes as much as 30 years. Securityyyy.

And, they only deliver what they believe may be of interest in the future. Papers deemed to be of no importance are dumped.

Comment

A Danish Steinheil 6x30 was my first tan bino. Nowadays I probably couldn't afford it as it would be marketed as DAK (Danish Afrika Korps) as everything tan must be desert issue...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X