optics tripod for identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

optics tripod for identification

Dear Gentlemen, I managed to get a tripod for optics (I assume) but I have difficulties with the identification. I looked through the forum but I was unable to find anything similar (I am sure I used wrong keywords but I don't know how else should I try). I would really appreciate any support which can get me closer to the solution. If you need further detailed pictures do not hesitate to ask. Thank you in advance and have a nice Monday
    Attached Files

Manufacturer is cme which was the code for Hildebrand Wichmann Freiberg.

Comment

Thank you, Carl!

Do you know what kind of device should be installed on it?

Comment

This was used for a Wehrmacht theodolite.

The spigot was added later.

Glen
        Collector of Wehrmacht Optics, Ordnance & Field Equipment.

Comment

Hello Whsammler!

Thank you too for your reply! By "wehrmacht theodolite", you mean the device below?

What do you think about the later added spigot? Can it be a wartime modification? Or a post-war military addition? Or this is some pure fantasy which has no relevance to the tripod at all?
          Attached Files

Comment

It seems, that spigot is the same, as was used for small table tripod on civilian post-war Somet 25x100. But I donĀ“t know diameter. Tripod was used with theodolite (e.g. cme Th 40), but bayonet head and central screw is missing.

Comment

Sturmtiger,

The spigot May have been added during or post war....hard to say. [emoji848]

The theodolite in the photo could be used with this tripod I believe.

Glen
              Collector of Wehrmacht Optics, Ordnance & Field Equipment.

Comment

Thank you both! Now it is absolutely clear :-)

Can you tell approximately how much could it worth? I cannot even guess as it is a modified version, so obviously less than an untouched one...

Comment

The picture in post 5 is not a theodolite but a leveling device. A theodolite also measures angles and the one shown only measures horizontally. As a former surveyor these items are very interesting to me. Thanks for showing!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X