No announcement yet.

Zeiss Deltar 8x40 T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sloppy engravings btw. See how the letters are dancing on the line. Character font may actually be the right one. But, now I get to see photo´s, I also doubt it.
    ( I also asked for Photo´s. Unfortunately, I never received any.)

AndyC is correct. It would be Dr. Ing, or Dr. -Ing.

Maybe this is a relative to the Langsdorff 8x60 binocular ?

The entry in the list with serial numbers is from Dr. Seegers green book.
    A facsimile of the Werksbuch from Zeiss.
    Here the same photo, only non-enhanced.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mikedenmark; 06-02-2019, 02:49 AM.

Comment

Gentlemen, I think the more interesting question is: Arethe serial number andthe T engravings genuine ?

Comment

Originally posted by Binoswede View Post
        Gentlemen, I think the more interesting question is: Arethe serial number andthe T engravings genuine ?
        Hahaha.

Gentelmen, I think the even more intersting question is: does this Deltar really exist?

I checked very carefully engvared inscription "Dr. ing. F. Todt" (using strong magnifying glass). It's the same old white paint - the same as Zeiss logo - used to made this inscription. The inscription was made handwritten (not by machine).

Comment

Ok tassman, now your photos are public so I don't think I have to keep discretion any more.
          As you contacted me a month ago you said you have some documentation from the Todt family. Anything you want to show us?

Comment

Any more news about this Binocular?

Andy

Comment

The new is: more Fritz Todt personally items….very interesting for collectors...

Comment

Great

Something that you can show us at WAF?

Andy

Comment

Only private Andy....

Comment

Gentlemen!
                    Obviously, there is a new proof of the authenticity of the engraving Dr. ing. Fritz Todt. (The Document will be posted soon by the owner).
                    There were original letters from Dr. Todt found - with original stationery.
                    A letter dated December 1937 and prefabricated letterhead "Generalinspektor für das deutsche Strassenwesen Dr. ing. Fritz Todt".
                    A second document without date but with prefabricated letterhead with exalted national emblem "Reichsminister Dr. ing. Fritz Todt" - after the promotion of Todt to armaments minister in 1940.

BOTH STAMPS HAVE WRITTEN ENGINEER WITH SMALL i !
                    The former spelling was fracture.
                    The technical double-title doctoral engineer was regarded as a coherent word - hence, as a Dr. ing. abbreviated.
                    The spelling was changed later with the Latin inscription.

Based on these documents, it is likely that the engraving was done in the Zeisswerk.

Hans

Comment

I can't add the picture here. I have always problem with it here.
                      Any volunteer to add my picture - proof of authenticity of correct engrave on Todt's Deltar?

Comment

I can add the document

What thell this document really about this binocular?

Andy
                        Attached Files

Comment

Not on binoculars - on skepticism because at engraving the word ing. is written in small letters!
                          The binocular itself stands by the serial number as a one-off production.

Hans

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X