Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please help with periscope identification

Hello,
    last week I bought black repainted and reworked old siccors periscope. All photos are on this link. https://valecnaoptika.rajce.idnes.cz/Periscope
    Please help me with identification - is it Zeiss Teleplast? Reticle is missing, but on right ocular, there is aretation ring probably for it. And which parts are originals?Central aretation knob is from brass, it could be original. And how looks original mount? I have WWI periscope (one half) with wooden grip (it is on link too), so was this type of mount used for this periscope too? And should I stripp a black paint ?

Thanks
    Jan

Looks a bit like a teleplast. Also known as Dosenfernrohr.
    There exist a russian model as well, made at Zeiss St. petersburg.
    Markings should be on the square top panels on the prism housings. Looks painted in the photo´s.

Comment

Ha, got you Mike.
      It is probably a Teleplast or Relieffernrohr. (Also made by Huet).
      But a Dosenfernrohr looks different. A round piece with 3 oculars on the cirkumferens. Or how I shall describe it

Comment

Sorry - its NO a Teleplast!

Hans

Comment

Different features to Teleplast:

1. Eyepiece rings with knurling
          2. no strap eyelets
          3. three cover screws
          4. Round outlook on objective

Hans

Comment

Hans, thanks for reply. But if it is not Teleplast, what is it? I would like to restore it in original apperance, so I would be wery happy, if somebody has photo of this periscope without changes.
            Jan

Comment

Krauss in France made one too. I don´t know if that was simply a Zeiss with different engravings.

(Update. Just a wild guess here, japanese maybe. I note that several weak point of the Zeiss design has been adressed. Wider center axis, and cast support for the protuding tubes. So, if european, it should be post 1908 due to the Zeiss patent. I doubt that a bit. It is oldfashion when we go to 1908. In asia, Zeiss may have had a competitor less burdened with Patent infringements.)

Not a teleplast. This serial number below is new, btw.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Mikedenmark; 05-22-2019, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X