Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FLAK küst binos w. Case review

Hello guys
    I need please your opinion on those binos and case and Is it nirmal that the eagle stamp on the case is so small
    Thanks a lot. Beste regards
    Attached Files

More pics....
    Attached Files

Comment

Bino is fine, all original.
      case is from a bmk 7x50 KM bino, also original

Comment

Case looks Zeiss to me. Coastaldefence, why do you think it is bmk? Interesting...

Comment

it'S an bmk case as written by costaldefense, and why ?
          - Zeiss case looks different
          - bmk case are the only with the to pices of wood for the lense on the bottom
          - Zeiss didnt have this kind of shed for the sun filters inside the top

Comment

Thanks Benutzer! I haven't seen that many bmk cases, you're probably right with your identification and it is supported by Coastaldefence. This is interesting though. It suggests that at least one batch of Srb & Stys cases was approved by KM Abnahme personnel at Zeiss, Jena, implying either a transport of the cases from Prague to Jena, or the inspectors from Jena to Prague?

Comment

The archives for the Marineabnahmeamt in Praque are at the Bundesarchive. Does not help us here and now, but the info exist. Besides, S&S was under Zeiss management at the time. So the distance between the companies were close to nil.
              I do wonder why the kriegsmarine set up shop in Praque as early as 1938. Not the most likely place for a navy to go shopping.

Comment

Mikedenmark, thank you for this information. I was unable to find anything on the KM Abnahme in either Jena or Prague other than a few personnel files when visiting Freiburg a few months ago. Would you happen to have a file reference?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X