X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

British Aircraft Identification Telescope Mk3

Hi there everyone,
    It's a British thing

Asking the probable impossible, might there be a manual out there for this optic ..possibly ?, I'm taking a really mangled one apart as best I can, it's been left outside by the looks of it, the Aluminium is corroded to powder in places, the brass is green.
    The optical parts aren't too bad ..if I can get into them
    The worst parts are the carry handles, both are snapped off .. one of the mounts for one of the handles is crack and corroded .. they are going to be the main reason for abandoning the restoration or make good as best I can .. if anybody might have a similar rough example, just holding on to it ..just in case !.
    oh .. and the aluminium skirt above the 360 ring .. it's completely corroded away
    So in conclusion, if any of you knowledgeable people have seen a manual .. any chance of seeing it ?, and secondly .. is there a kind person out there with a relic example, who might consider parting with it ?.
    Kind regards to you all, Ian "feind-hort-mit".

A user manual just sold on EbayUK but I don't know if it showed much. I have some optical repair manuals from the war - I'll have a look.

My one is boxed and in great condition but I have a spare base somewhere which I'd hoped to adapt for other use.

Comment

Hey there Sgt
      There are a great deal of good ones around, some nicely polished to an inch of their optical lives why do they do that ?, for modern house display probably
      I'd love to reserect mine, but it's in a really bad state, I don't want to restore to resell .. I would like to see how it worked .. after that .. possibly donate it to a local museum ?.
      Financial gain is not my game
      Anything you can help with .. would be of great help
      Thanks again, best wishes .. Ian.

-------------

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
      X