Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some fun photos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice scenic area you in live, and the optic's look great and in very good condition

Lou

Comment

Thanks, Lou. I sure would like to find a tripod for the 10x80’s. By the way, the scenery is in Alaska. Great place to own good glass.

Cheers,
      Mark

Comment

The GK5 is a nice binocular, flakglas likewise, the scissor set is one I would like .
        Beautiful scenery, worthy of the sets you are using.

Comment

Thanks for posting.
          Great optics love the cammo scherenfernrohr .

Si

Comment

When the sun shines in the NW of Ireland that one day might be the summer, even if it appears at the start of April.
            Put these two in the boot plus 8x60 (slim) and 12x60.
            Donegal Bay looking south from St. Johns Point across the bay towards Rossnowlagh, the small beach is popular with visitors.
            Spent half an hour as the tide came slowly in watching an adult grey seal, his head above water sunning himself.
            The grey CZ offers 20x 40x so it was like being in touching distance of him.
            In WW2 this stretch of water was heavily trafficked by Sunderland & Catalinas en route to and from the Atlantic, six aircraft being lost in this area.
            The old cemetery is at the landward end of "The Point" some 400-year-old, the Wargrave is that of a young Canadian officer from SS Nerissa sunk off Rockall by Erich Topp in April 1941 Edward Robbins was from Oak bay British Colombia a long way from home.
            The Canadian scarf appeared last year, hopefully, placed there by a relative who visited. We took it home to wash it and put it back yesterday when down that way I would call in to say "hello". http://www.ssnerissa.com/
            Attached Files
            Last edited by behblc; 04-07-2019, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Behblc,

Thanks for tending the grave.

Glen
              Collector of Wehrmacht Optics, Ordnance & Field Equipment.

Comment

It is very little to do His parents came from Oak Bay, Victoria, BC. , I wonder if any of his family still live in that region.

Comment

Thanks for sharing the photos and history of your location!

Comment

Another "fun" photo.
                    This 10x70 directors binocular along with a few others have eventually made it as far as a tripod, so the first time to get a decent prolonged look through one.
                    Very clear and sharp image, a little soft at the edges but it picks up the colours and light so very well, I am to be honest rather impressed.
                    The skyline must be 4 plus miles away maybe nearer 4.5 as the crow flies - would not want to walk it anyway.
                    Some separation on right side, have two more of this kind which are perfect.
                    The late Dougie Biggart serviced this one for me and his view the lens was better left alone, he told me "these big Ross are good and they come in two types, good ones and bad ones, you have managed to get a good one".
                    The lady I got this from posted it directly to Dougie ( Glasgow) and it arrived with the front filter plate destroyed, (It is an alloy), DB managed to get a replacement from a contact of his so the number on the front does not match that on the body so I will always know this one on sight.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by behblc; 05-02-2019, 12:00 PM.

Comment

Beautiful set and photos! Sounds like you have quite a collection of optics. I’ve been wrestling with the cost logic of getting many of mine overhauled by Cory Suddarth, but at the end of the day, it is wonderful to have the glass perform as closely as possible to original.

Cheers-

Comment

I have recently rediscovered a mount for my GK7. Our house is a bit upside down with some renovation work which is going on should look it out, have not actually used it in a long time. (I can still recall the smell of the box the first time I opened it a rich smell of age and optical lubricant.
                        Attached another 10x70 used for the first time today, going to keep this one out for use.
                        The others "Gas mask" blc ( 7x50) and two little-used Barr and Stroud 10x50 (CF36) and a 12x50 (CF39).
                        The 10x is an average binocular - oculars are too small and eye relief is shallow and uncomfortable, the 12x is a much better set excellent in fact, rich pin sharp image, good eye relief, large oculars both have coated lens.
                        The B&W photo at St.John's Point Lighthouse Donegal Bay, the "70" and "EIRE" laid out in painted white stone dates from WW2 , Allied aircraft had a list of these markings and could use them to confirm positions.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Check this out, guys

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X