Oigee 6x30 Dienstglas, KF Marked.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oigee 6x30 Dienstglas, KF Marked.

Ive opened the thread as they are an Oigee marked set and the ones ive seen here on WAF allways has interest when it comes to markings. KF under the main logo and the M/H to the right might be of interest to fellow members. These are well used but optically sound, before they go i thought at least the pictures of the markings should be held in the WAF archives
    Attached Files

A nice low serial. Some early ones had the date on too and a small range just after your's were also Kriegsmarine marked.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Bilko View Post
      A nice low serial. Some early ones had the date on too and a small range just after your's were also Kriegsmarine marked.
      Thanks for your help Wondering if any significance to the ''KF'' mark below the logo and the letter ''M'' just in front of the H/6400

Comment

I believe that is the ugliest 6x30 dienstglas I have ever seen.
        Crude design, old-fashioned, almost as if it was a WWI item.

I thought all 6x30 somehow was similar in design, but this one is clearly in it´s own category.
        Intersting it also exist with Navy markings. Live and learn. Thank you for showing.

KF means KälteFett. That is grease for cold conditions. Meaning it was greased up with a kind of grease that will work at very low temperatures. 1st winte rin Russia seens to have taught the Wehrmacht that their central european instruments wasn´t quite suited for deep freezing central Russia.
        M means the small screws everywhere are metric. Important info in case it need service and screw replacement.

Comment

I quite like the chunky ocular barrels. As they became more standardised,individual company characteristics disappeared.

Like you, I used to believe the Russian winter led to the introduction of cold weather grease but recently I read it began with the Norwegian Campaign.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X