WöschlerOrden

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1928 vintage Zeiss 8x30 with illuminated Artillery grid graticule + weird marking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1928 vintage Zeiss 8x30 with illuminated Artillery grid graticule + weird marking

I like to show this weird binocular.

Zeiss, 8x30, with a graticule made like the grids seen in SF14 rabbit ear artillery observation binoculars.
    It also features a window to enable illumination of the grid. The lamp for this is missing. Only 2 holes for mounting remains.
    Being an oddball, it also have a peculiar marking. Usually, Zeiss military binoculars are marked D.F.
    This one is only marked F8x30. Now, this might make sense in danish, as Forstørrelse means magnification in danish and swedish.
    Older swedish military binoculars, including some from Zeiss, are often similarly marked: Forstörrelse 6 or the like. (DK and Sw spelling almost alike here)

I believe it was issued in the danish navy. I do not have any proof of that, yet.
    Taken from a danish patrol vessel, according to a former owner.

Serial number place it in 1928.

Note.

I have been offered a similar bino once. But the condition was so extremely bad, and the price unusually high, I preferred to decline. Point is, This one is not unique.

And without any further ado, photo´s.
    Attached Files

The graticule.

Distorted on all sides. I had to use a smartphone. Only camera that could get close enough to make this photo.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mikedenmark; 02-20-2019, 01:45 PM.

Comment

Nice find! I'm sure there's an "F" marked Zeiss binocular in Seeger's Green book but I'm watching the box right now (some horror crap where you wish they'd all die quickly).

Comment

Sgt. Bilko. Thanks.

Page 97, abb 0269a and b.
        6x30 German weimar navy serial number 1293914
        Also marked with Art. for artillery use.
        Last edited by Mikedenmark; 02-21-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

really a beautiful pair of binoculars. It's a pity for its condition but you know, all these binoculars have suffered the slander of more than a war (the worst were caused by civilians after the Second World War) :-(

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X