Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fat Commander 8x60

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/U-BOAT-8X...U/143104419445

"ONE OF THE MOST COLLECTABLE BINOCULARS FROM WORLD WAR II. ALSO KNOWN AS THE Commanders Glasses or Kommandantenglas. Made by Carl Zeiss.
    EXCELLENT COATED OPTICS. VERY GOOD USABLE CONDITION.
    These 8x60 U-Boat Binoculars were used on the Famous Uboat Submarine.

PAYMENT BY BANK TRANSFER ONLY

The Binoculars has been serviced in our own workshop. So we know them inside out and we give full guarantee that they are original and in excellent working condition. If they are not as described we will give you full refund.

Customer satisfaction is our main concern and we aim to deliver a professional service.

More collectables and polished binoculars available.

For more details you can contact us on : sistersantiques.co.uk

Member of the Famous Portobello Antiques Dealers Association London England

Large Selection of Naval and Military Binoculars and other Collectables Trade and retail are welcome

We ship worldwide. Free Insurance and Shipping "

£7,000 "Buy it now", or starting bid at £5,000.

WOuld hate to thing what it might be worth if it were polished.

What is a polished binocular?
    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff V View Post
      What is a polished binocular?
      Click on some of his other items from that link. I am not responsible for any adverse reaction that you may experience if you do so!

Comment

I post some pictures of the bino in this thread for future reference

Andy
        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
                    Click on some of his other items from that link. I am not responsible for any adverse reaction that you may experience if you do so!
                    WOOOOW! That is just unreal!
                    Looking for a 30 '06 Chauchat magazine.

Comment

What are you guys complaining about now?
                      That guy is not stupid. He would not polish a uboat 8x60.
                      The outside looks ok and if the optic is cleaned the new owner can enjoy the excellent performance.
                      Will not be easy to sell at that price, but I wish the seller good luck.

Comment

I don’t think that anyone has anything negative to say about the condition of this optic. The comments are about some other German optical equipment that he is selling, specifically the tendency to polish the base metal on his items.
                        As for these binoculars, they say that they were serviced and I am not questioning that but I have real doubt that they were actually opened up for any cleaning. If this is true, I think that it is very good. I know some examples might merit being opened to be cleaned, a matter of opinion. The putty over the access screws looks perfect to me. If this was in fact replaced I can only say that they did a superior job.

As for the price,
                        I don’t know what the going price is for an example in this condition as this time. I have in years past seen some comparable bring similar money.

Comment

Anyone selling can, of course, ask what they want, they might not get it but it is the sellers prerogative.
                          Few people would consider or much less pay the £7000 B.I.N. price, the start bid of £5000 is steep but the sellers shout.

The sellers more usual wears, again up to him do I feel sorry for the buyers- part of me does but if they get what they want and are prepared to pay for it - again that is their call entirely.

The ruination of good binoculars is another thing entirely, that the seller knows the value of the fat is evident, never in danger of polishing anyone thinking of buying would almost certainly know or should know to ask what is or what is not reasonable in terms of price.
                          My throwaway remark on what would it be worth polished was no more than my thinking on polishing binoculars it is all about maximum and excessive profit.
                          Last edited by behblc; 01-27-2019, 03:42 PM.

Comment

I think nice set? Sold GBP 7000!

Comment

Impressive.
                              What we don´t know, are if seller knew someone was looking for such a bino.
                              And chose to make one available, at a price.

Or, just as unlikely, everything was pure chance

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X