Lakeside Trader - 2nd Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Late War Red Bakelite 6X30 Case W Tan Presstoff Features.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late War Red Bakelite 6X30 Case W Tan Presstoff Features.

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to show my latest addition to the collection.

Despite the Canada Post strike that lasted 5+ weeks & created a massive logjam of mail (Black Friday & Cyber Monday) this fantastic set arrived from Texas via Buffalo late but none the worse for wear.

This is my first Late War case in Red Bakelite & Tan Presstoff..[emoji851]

This set came via eBay w a very nice Buy Now price by the seller. Had to move heaven and earth to get the deal done. Got it sorted none the less.

As you can see from the pics it’s in not bad shape. One of the belt straps has failed at the apex of its mount right at the mounting plate. The leather is not the best quality & it’s thin at the mounts.

The pull tab is in good shape but is “paper thin” no pun intended so I can see how many of them eventually go missing.

The internal pad in the lid is tan as you can see but the 2 shoulder pads in the case seem to be a very deep dark red. You really have to get a light on them to see it. I tried but it would not photograph well.

Shoulder strap is nice...wee bit dry but complete & solid. No marking that I can see.

The binos are in good shape a little bit of dust on the lenses, they still focus sharp & the reticle is on the right hand lens.
    CAG marked & with no evidence of them being opened. Some minor paint loss & someone scratched “SKELLY” on one end cap of the binos & one the case pull tab assy....it’s a “matched set”..[emoji41]

One thing I noticed when comparing my early war Black Bakelite case with this one is the weight difference. The Red case is lighter & feels brittle (if that makes any sense) you can see the increased use of filler in the Red case thus the light weight & less substantial feel.

Here are a bunch of pics, enjoy.

Glen
    Collector of Wehrmacht Optics, Ordnance & Field Equipment.

I REALLY like that case! Too bad one of the straps is damaged.

Comment

Same here.. its odd the leather strap broke ? Never seen a leather strap break there. Prestoff straps yes.. they all broke.
      I have seen the tan interior not the tan pull tab. A first for me..

Cag's are always cloudy DDX not so much.

Comment

It’s funny, the straps are thinned/tapered where they are fastened to the case.

The broken strap is a bit dry (this set came out of Texas) but still flexible.

I will try get a photo of the strap in better detail to show what I’m on about.

Yes!! The first I’ve seen with a tan pull tab.

Glen
        Collector of Wehrmacht Optics, Ordnance & Field Equipment.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X