Carl zeiss 8x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl zeiss 8x

Hi just wondering if anyone can date this scope.it is a Carl zeiss zielacht 8x with serial 60634 cheers

The blue triangle is a cold weather marking used in WW2...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WW2-Origina...MAAOSwpY5b3aAD

WW2 Original GERMAN CARL ZEISS ZIELACHT 8X Sniper Scope Mauser K98 Wehrmacht !!
    SCOPE WEHRMACHT CARL ZEISS JENA 8 X Zielacht nr. 60634

Comment

Just be carefull. There are some very good copies out there.
      I am no expert on scopes, but I have seen things, I deemed to be okay, to be scorned as copies, by people who seems to know.

Comment

That Turret Set with 8X Zeiss is a Complete Fake and Total POS . The Auction Photo showing the HT Rifle in the Propaganda Sniper Book is also a complete FAKE and TOTAL FANTASY PIECE . 6X was the Highest Magnification used on any of the German WW2 Sniper Rifles .

Comment

What do they mean by Argentinian mounts of the high type ?
          Is that just high turret mount, or is there a connection to Argentina?

Comment

The Argentine Low Turret Mounts were made by Germany for the Argentine Rifles .
            So many of the European Collectors refer to these as Argentine Mounts which is correct but Only for Low Turret not High Turret because the Argentines only used LT .
            But maybe because they are so similar the seller called them Argentine Type , which IMO would be incorrect .

Comment

Still not being an expert, but now, 4 hours left, this POS has reached above $ 1600.-
              Maybe I should stop overthinking this, and get myself a dog. Unlimited supply of POSĀ“s for ebay.

Comment

May not be original, but $ 2550.- says it is something.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikedenmark View Post
                  May not be original, but $ 2550.- says it is something.
                  Yes but what exactly is it ????
                  Its an Original Period Scope that has Reprodunction Mounts and Fake Numbering .
                  In all actuality value is about $800 . Best Regards

Comment

I have to disagree. The value is $ 2550.- That does not say anyrhing about what a similar one would be worth. But this one, 2550.- it is.

Comment

Generally speaking, I don't think the value of an object can be based upon what an uninformed buyer paid. If that was the case, no-one could grumble for buying a Van Gogh that's still wet.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X