Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWII German Entfernungsmesser EM 1,25 R42 Rangefinder

Mikedenmark,

This weekend I will sit down in front of the computer & compile all the pictures I can of the Emr42.

You asked "Are the two fold-able handles on yours, straight tubes? Not conical like in the manual?" Yes, they are simple sheet metal tubes with a little curve pressed into the end to offer some grip. No added texture etc. I will post some detailed pics this weekend of the set up.

Im trying to secure the manual, just waiting on a reply. The pages were photographed as part of a sale add, so Im not even sure if the seller saved a copy for future reference....fingers crossed.

That would be great if you could find the #s of the units you had. Im going to try do a more detailed serial list (colors, handle configuration etc) Maybe we can build a good list & spot when some of the developments came on line.

Interesting info on the Waa stamps. You learn something new every day.

I wonder if the photo of the Emr42 in the manual was a prototype or "the first model" ??? The "bagels" on the ends of the tubes look like the protection used on the Em36 etc. Maybe they developed the Rubber bumpers as a cost savings? The bumpers are a much simpler set up & less labor intensive to assemble.

Comment

Hi
      Looks like the one that was for sale at Parade Antiques, in England. Well done.
      Regards
      John

Comment

WWII German Entfernungsmesser EM 1,25 R42 Rangefinder

Originally posted by paradeantiques View Post
        Hi
        Looks like the one that was for sale at Parade Antiques, in England. Well done.
        Regards
        John
        John,

It sure is & I would like to thank you & Rob for the 5 STAR SERVICE.

It arrived fast & was very well packed. No surprises when I opened the box.

Keep up the good work.

Comment

Hi fellow collectors!
          I am the lucky owner of fwq 43192 , which I bought from KPEmig some time ago. that range finder came with box and photocopy of the very manual you are looking for, which is only 20 pages long. I've got it scanned so I can send you the file for reference if you drop me a pm

Cheers

Alessandro

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
          X