How to date a Hensoldt-Wetzlar scope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to date a Hensoldt-Wetzlar scope

I have a Hensoldt-Wetzlar Ziel-dialyt 6x scope with serial number in 63000 range.

Is this enough information to roughly date the scope? Even it is in broad terms of war-time or post-war?

I believe I have been missold a scope and I am attempting to get a refund. I would be very grateful for any help.

I will check and get back to you. Photos would be a big help, but without those can you tell us if the body or any parts of it are aluminum? You may also want to make this post on the firearms section

Comment

The range is correct for a Hensoldt WW2 used scope. The problem is that Hensoldt and did some other makers, started over in the late 40s with new numbers. 63000 range may have been reached again in the 60s or so but would be a different material and detail scope from a 63000 wartime

It seems Hensoldt was using bmj code by at least 65000 don’t know exactly but 61000 were marked Hensoldt. Yours may be correct being between those ranges.

I would think range scale shows 1-8 if period

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by army-medic View Post
        I have a Hensoldt-Wetzlar Ziel-dialyt 6x scope with serial number in 63000 range.

Is this enough information to roughly date the scope? Even it is in broad terms of war-time or post-war?

I believe I have been missold a scope and I am attempting to get a refund. I would be very grateful for any help.
        Originally posted by phild View Post
        The range is correct for a Hensoldt WW2 used scope. The problem is that Hensoldt and did some other makers, started over in the late 40s with new numbers. 63000 range may have been reached again in the 60s or so but would be a different material and detail scope from a 63000 wartime

It seems Hensoldt was using bmj code by at least 65000 don’t know exactly but 61000 were marked Hensoldt. Yours may be correct being between those ranges.

I would think range scale shows 1-8 if period

Good luck
        Here are the pics. Thank-you for your time. I believe the construction is steel based on the fact it is Magnetic.

Last edited by army-medic; 07-06-2018, 02:37 AM.

Comment

You should post this link on the firearms board. There are a couple of very knowledgeable sniper collectors who check in there. 6x scopes are very rare, this one looks very good too me. The mounts are tough for me to say. They are marked to represent a Sauer set up. Front mount looks to be low turret with four screw plates on bottom. Rear mount looks later. Not sure if those are real as fakes are good and many variations of them out there now. I’m not crazy over the look of the mount serial numbers but a Sauer expert needs to see this. My knowledge is on the Mauser variations.

Comment

Originally posted by phild View Post
            You should post this link on the firearms board. There are a couple of very knowledgeable sniper collectors who check in there. 6x scopes are very rare, this one looks very good too me. The mounts are tough for me to say. They are marked to represent a Sauer set up. Front mount looks to be low turret with four screw plates on bottom. Rear mount looks later. Not sure if those are real as fakes are good and many variations of them out there now. I’m not crazy over the look of the mount serial numbers but a Sauer expert needs to see this. My knowledge is on the Mauser variations.
            Thank-you for your advice. I’ve posted in the firearms section too.

Comment

It a Complete Fake as I mentioned at the K98K Forum . Nothing more can be said .
              The seller is well known Scammer .
              Here is a Link >https://picclick.com/track/392031591899

I suggest You look at it . I even suspect that its the same seller of Your Scope & Rings . Look closely at the Rifle Number on the Rings specifically the #7 font its identical to the numbering on yours and this Turret Set is also POS !!!!!!
              Last edited by SINGLE CLAW; 07-06-2018, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SINGLE CLAW View Post
                It a Complete Fake as I mentioned at the K98K Forum . Nothing more can be said .
                The seller is well known Scammer .
                Thank-you for your input. I require as much evidence as possible in order to win my paypal dispute. I have to be very specific about why it is ‘fake’ becauae it seems the item is a genuine Hensoldt scope but it has been misrepresented.

Comment

Originally posted by army-medic View Post
                  Thank-you for your input. I require as much evidence as possible in order to win my paypal dispute. I have to be very specific about why it is ‘fake’ becauae it seems the item is a genuine Hensoldt scope but it has been misrepresented.
                  You should reach out to Vaughn99 either here or threw K98Kforum You can PM him
                  Vaughn has been gathering info on the Hensoldt Scope Production for Years . He will be able to tell You or give You more proof that this Scope is Post War and why .

I wish You Luck on Your endeavor , that seller is a real **** Bird and he is well aware of the fact that scope & rings are not Period Original .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X