Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unmarked dienstglas beh 10x50

Hello
    What do you think about this unmarked "dienstglas" BEH 10X50???
    Era binoculars or not?
    Why "dientsglas" is not stamped?
    thank you.
    Best regard
    val

Being a 10x50, most likely, late war model. Serial number also pretty high.

My guess would be a late war army model. I don´t think it matter so much that the Dienstglas is missing. The beh code should qualify it as a military model even without the Dienstglas marking.

Somehow, I never believed the Leitz postwar bino production was very large. Zeiss yes, but Leitz?

Most likely, postwar, Leitz would make far more money making Leica camera´s than making binoculars. After all, Leica was Leitz´s "thing".

So, if they had any stocks of parts in 1945, they might have made this. But untill we get to see their production books, we won´t know at what serial number they no longer delivered to the Wehrmacht.

Comment

Sorry to dissent Mike but if there is no "Dienstglas" = service glass it is not an service glass.

Possible made with parts after the war or Dienstglas is polished but it's not an bino which was jused like it is now by the army !!!!!

Comment

Dienstglas has probably been carefully removed - it's a wartime produced binocular in a military style and sporting a military maker's code. Lots of reasons post war to remove military ownership marks.

Comment

Hello
          Thank you for your quick review!
          Best regard
          Val

Comment

WWII beh = (code for Ernst Leizt) brand during war ... I am too late ... sorry on that ...

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Comment

Why sorry on that bino

Comment

Because explanation was made before my post ... nothing in relation with bino ... only with answer ...

Br.
                Ivan.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X