Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

unknown optical device C.P. GOERZ WIEN 741

hello

please for the identification of this unknown optical device of the manufacturer C.P. GOERZ WIEN 741, what is this, a kind of rangefinder?
    military or civilian use?

size: 16cm x 6cm

thx
    3ccc
    Attached Files

It looks like small type of range finder that can be mounted on regular binocular. If it is for sale I would be interested in buying it.

Comment

Me too!

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=711054

Comment

It is a range finder. To be mounted on a Goerz 6x30 binocular.

This bino shown was intended to be used with this device, and is marked with an imperial german navy crown over M.
        The groove makes it possible to use it for both vertical and horizontal measurements. ( Thank you to the person who told me this. )

You device is clearly from a batch, different from the others I have seen. Yours seems to have been made at the Goerz assembly plant in Wien, Austria.
        Both serial number and markings are different.
        Nice.
        Attached Files

Comment

Very nice and valuable found !!!!!

Comment

I trust you mean the rangefinder. I did find the bino, but the conditions for buying was completely unacceptable.

Comment

hello

thanks for the identification of the rangefinder, but my looks a little different than that of c.p. goerz berlin, there is no bayonet connection for the binoculars on my, other system?

what is the approximate value of this object?

greetings
              3ccc

Comment

what is the approximate value of this object?

Put it on Ebay with a good description, international shipping and let the auction finish. That'll give you the best idea.

Comment

The value? I think Sgt Bilko is right. Try ebay.

If you can, try making it a 10 days auction. The longer, the bigger the chance as many as possible will see it.

Starting price is hard to set. $ 400.- would be one option. Or, just choose what you will find is a good price for yourself.
                  1 million is unlikely to attract a bidder, but I believe there will be interested parties out there.

After all, how many have we seen? Less than 5 ? and this one is Vienna as well.

For the record: I will not be bidding. Unless I stumble across a buy it now at $ 400.- :-) I don´t expect to.

Comment

& like Sgt Bilko said please make sure you list it with world wide shipping.

The lengths I have to go through to bid on items that will not ship to Canada are bordering on the absurd these days.

Just my two cents & good luck with your sale.

Glen
                    Collector of Wehrmacht Optics, Ordnance & Field Equipment.

Comment

sorry men I will never ask this question again

Comment

more photos - there is no bayonet connection for the binoculars ....
                        Attached Files

Comment

Okaaay.

How the ???ell is one supposed to use that... Can you gauge a range with it freehandedly? Have you tried?

Look through the panel, and turn the knob to align the 2 half images you see.
                          Hold it vertically and look at a tree or a church tower. Should work.

Makes me think about size. But it seems to be the same size as the one shown in the other thread.
                          Scale however, is clearly very different. The other one goes to 1000 ? this one to 2000. Any unit indicated ?

I know the austrian army had extensive tests of rangefinders before the war. I have photo´s here somewhere in a book.
                          As far as I recall, they are standing with many on tripods, but they are also holding up handheld models. This just might be one of them.

Not for bino use ?? then, who cares ? Heh heh. Still a very good item.
                          Last edited by Mikedenmark; 06-26-2018, 08:03 AM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                          X