• Show
Clear All

KM 8x25 Dienstglas

Hello
    who used such a pair of binoculars?
    Dienstglas D.F. 8x25 M
    signed by the owner
    Attached Files

It looks a lot like an old WWI Voigtländer binocular that has been reworked during WWII.

Reworked binoculars often received these unusual looking engravings.
    The original makers name, the new Eigentum-marking ( the WWII Eagle) showing it to be the property of the Kriegsmarine, and newly engraved designation 8x25, and the original serial number, if present.

As to who used it: Personel of the german WWII navy.

To me, completely authentic, and actually, also rare in this configuration.

Congrats to a nice find !

Comment

I also have a pair of KM marked Voigtlander DF 8x25 (not marked Dienstglas, though). I believe they are based on the civilian Voigtlander "Nirvana" 8x25 model (also very scarce).

Kent
      Attached Files

Comment

kriegsmarine binocular

anybody who engraved an eagle like #3, was shot instantly during WW2 by the authorities, a complete fake eagle over M IMHO!

Comment

Well, I would like to buy "fake´s" like these. Unfortunately, they haven´t been for sale here.

I assume this was about the 2nd. binocular shown in this thread ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikedenmark View Post
            Well, I would like to buy "fake´s" like these. Unfortunately, they haven´t been for sale here.

I assume this was about the 2nd. binocular shown in this thread ?
            Yes indeed, as indicated in my comment: "anybody who engraved an eagle like #3"

Comment

I am well aware of what the "accepted" KM Adler looks like.
              It seems your mind is made up, but ask yourself "why would anyone put fake markings on binoculars in this condition?" (Photos were taken when I first acquired them, before a partial restoration (it took over 5 years to find a donor pair for the needed parts)).
              Attached Files

Comment

I know what you mean about "accepted" KM Adlers and appreciate different ones were used by different makers at different times but it would be natural to expect both Eagles to be similar.

The second one seems to have shorter wings and a bigger "M" compared to the first one but another KM marked Voigtlander I've seen has the proportions of the first one on this thread.

As the war progressed, sloppy but authentic engravings appeared on reworked binoculars but, at the time this type of marking was applied, they tended to be fairly competent.

Maybe it was shoddily reinstated afer the war?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X