2 imperial german navy related binoculars Goerz and a Busch, model 09

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 imperial german navy related binoculars Goerz and a Busch, model 09

Last week I got a "civilised" version of the imperial german navy 09 Busch Fernglas.
    Either born as a civilian, or later modified for sale at Iver Weilbach, a major danish dealer in nautic instruments.
    No visible signs of any german navy markings.

I also saw a special Goerz with imperial navy markings and a weird attachment to one objective.

I don´t know what it was made for. Could not buy it, only take photo´s.
    Attached Files

Goerz - maybe its the one in Seegers Grey book abb51 page 92

Comment

They did sell civilian versions of the 09 Busch Fernglas - I've seen some marked NDL for Norddeutscher Lloyd and have a centre focus version sold in Portsmouth for Royal Navy use.

Comment

I guess I need to measure the outer diameter of the rings around the objective lenses, and compare that with the german navy model.
        If smaller, then probably a turned down ex-navy model.
        I know they had at least 2 civilian models. One a bit smaller and one completely like the 09.

The center disc looks turned down. Upstanding edge thinner than normal.
        I just liked how they integrated the logo inside the disc.

I will check the grey book tomorrow on the Goerz.

Comment

Bäste Michael,

did you see if there was a graticule in the tube with the attacement on the Goerz binocular?

Comment

No graticule was present. None at all.

Comment

Here it is the rangefinder for Goerz binoculars:

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=711054

Comment

I have checked the grey book. It may be for this rangefinder.
                I did not check it in detail, but I am not sure the groove will allow a full 90 degree turn. Something the operating manual claims can be done.
                I no longer have access to the bino, so no chance of follow up´s.

I agree that it is highly likely that this Goerz Bino was intended for the rangefinder.

I looked into a Goerz Festschrift, or jubilee book, from their 25th. anniversary as a company in 1911. There is a list of company related patents and trademarks/Gebrauchmuster, covering the period up to about 1910. The device is not mentioned.
                There is also a presentation of the instruments the company has made for the last 25 years. Editing ending autumn 1911. Nor is it mentioned there.

For the record, I believe serial number was: 270821.
                (Corrections welcome.) (may be 276821)

It cannot be helped, but I wish I had had something better than the camera in my phone.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Mikedenmark; 05-01-2018, 04:36 AM.

Comment

If you study the photoes in the link from @zeissure its not 90° turn - its more like 45° turn

Comment

Originally posted by zeissasembi View Post
                    If you study the photoes in the link from @zeissure its not 90° turn - its more like 45° turn
                    I cannot see this in the link provided by Zeissure. In the description in Seeger´s book, it is stated that the device either should be horisontal or vertical, depending on what target it is pointed at.

Comment

Strange - Me myself did find a lot of photoes . I did read it by a cellphone and not by PC

If you study your own photo you will see that you can turn left or right . That ends up vertical or horisontal when turning 45°
                      Last edited by zeissasembi; 05-01-2018, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Maybe someone missunderstand but the total turn is 90° , you du have 45° left and 45° right denpending if you want vertical or horisontal

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                        X