10x80 KM - eug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ser grei ut. what else?

Norwegian green , originally made for the germans in Poland (Code eug)

I didn´t know the norwegions took this model into use.

Comment

Wondered about the paint. Thanks. I suspected it was repainted. What are the small parts used for and could the box be the correct one?
      Norway adopted all kinds of German WW2 stuff. From leather belts to submarines after WW2. Some of the equipment was in use to the late 90’s

Comment

A classy binocular.

Comment

Originally posted by behblc View Post
          A classy binocular.
          Mmmm

Is it .?
          Study the equipments from the box . The Schnellvisier looks like another version of the one used with the Nedinsco 10x50 - page 68 in the Green book from Seeger .
          Last edited by zeissasembi; 04-25-2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Here is the inside of the box.
            What do you think? Is this set rare to find?
            The optics are perfect!
            Attached Files

Comment

I have never seen a box like this one. Norwegian postwar, or something else.

The bino´s are nice. I would not consider them very rare. But still nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikedenmark View Post
                I have never seen a box like this one. Norwegian postwar, or something else.

The bino´s are nice. I would not consider them very rare. But still nice.
                I think the box is original. Got WaA stamp inside and marked with the same serial as the binocular. I have also got informarion that the eug maker are more attractive then the blc. But I guess that is individual opinions.
                The long rod has a prisme at the end. Got information that this rod might be for a Zeiss Nedinsco 10x50 and is a speed aiming sight for use with the FLAK’s....
                Attached Files

Comment

I would prefer an EUG if given the choice.
                  I consider them both good and they are both made by Zeiss, as eug was a subsidiary of Zeiss at the time.

I know, I have the Zeiss and the blc variant, don´t recall if I have an eug too.
                  (In storage)
                  But, as said, if given a choice, I would prefer the eug. No good reason, really.

First time I have seen such an extension for this model. (afaIr)

Comment

Only in Norway does stuff like this still show up ! Some of the best optics and Helmets still turn up in Norway ! Congrats .

Comment

Denmark can provide a bit too...
                      http://furesoe.lokalavisen.dk/redakt...n-1149329.html

What this story does not tell is, how there were hundreds of helmets and they were sold at Ciney in 2016 or 17. You try googling the story yourself.
                      Youtube has video´s from the diggings, ( One guy actually kissing a rusty helmet still wet from moor water. Now I get being exited, but kissing a helmet ?? ) Somewhere else, there are photo´s of the truck in Ciney. Filled to the brim with more or less rusty helmets.

I did see news from Norway where they had cleared out an old depot. Next to the road, outside the compund, a large pile of german helmets had been piled up. Awaiting disposal as dangerous waste.
                      Lousy quality, from the looks, but still, nice pile. I cannot find the link now.

Comment

The box and visir is for a Goerz 10x80, 90 degree.
                        Seems the Eug is missing the handle on the right side.

Comment

frwi,

Finally (!) someone with the right answer - congrats!

Comment

Thanks Le Breton, I would recommend your execellent book for those interested in flak binoculars which also including a section on the Goerz 10x80

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X