Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6X30 Busch rathenow SOLLUXON

Hello,
    Here is a french fleamarket find. They 100% match a pair of dienstglas with mid/late war features. Right optic has a reticle.
    I've read on the forum that some think that they would be for export (maybe finnish). What do you think guys ? Is the serial number WW2 or post ?
    Thank you, Pierre
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Germany suppled WW2 optics to their allies but most binoculars (although clearly military like your's) carried civilian names or the receiving country's property marks.

I have a similar pair and reckon they're Bulgarian - Finnish optics carried Finnish property markings but Bulgarian optics generally didn't. When the Bulgarians overhauled them post war, they often carry the little square with 20 inside.

Comment

Thank you Sgt Bilko,

I cannot be 100% sure of what I tell but they come from a belgian fleamarket, the seller having found them in a belgian attic. No story behind them but I really think that they have seen the battle of the bulges - only a assumption of course but Belgium is very far from Bulgaria or Finland
        Thank you, Pierre

Comment

Originally posted by Fsoq View Post
          Thank you Sgt Bilko,

I cannot be 100% sure of what I tell but they come from a belgian fleamarket, the seller having found them in a belgian attic. No story behind them but I really think that they have seen the battle of the bulges - only a assumption of course but Belgium is very far from Bulgaria or Finland
          Thank you, Pierre
          Of course my post was not to disagree with your explications. Just that maybe german soldiers, in 1944, recieved binos from a surplus firstly destined to export.

Comment

I know what you mean - many optics changed hands in the fog of war. Maybe, as you say, it never made it to them or maybe it was taken from them after they changed sides and allied themselves with Russia in 1944.

Unless you can be sure they'd been in a Belgian attic since 1944, it's a long shot to tie them in to the Bulge. Nice find though - my one has no reticle and is numered 346935 (with "Nr" in front).

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X