Wehrmacht Dienstglas Reticles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wehrmacht Dienstglas Reticles

Looking again at the various theories around whether Wehrmacht Dienstglas binoculars should have reticles or not, I offer the following observations;

Someone mentioned that all Dienstglas had reticles fitted and that H/6400 was stamped only from the beginning to the middle of WW2, which seems reasonable until you look at individual binoculars and the pictures and lists in Seeger's books.

For example - I have a Zeiss 7x50 Dienstglas from March 1939 which has no H/6400 marking - yet a 10x50 Dienstglas I have from December 1939 has the H/6400 marking.

Seeger's Grey Book confirms a Zeiss 7x50 Dienstglas from March 1939 (like mine) shouldn't have the H/6400 marking but shows that 10x50 Dienstglas made the same month had the H/6400 marking.

His Green Book (page 288) also shows a similar 7x50 where he states "ohne Strichplatte" (without reticle). His lists show that in October 1935 7x50 Dienstglas were made without the reticle marking but in June 1936, some were made with the reticle marking.

So what does this tell us? To me it's plain - Zeiss made binoculars in the same period, with and without reticles or H/6400 markings...

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
X