Swiss scope inquiry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Swiss scope inquiry

Forum members, I came across a gentleman who has a Swiss scope made by Wild Heerbrugg....It's a 4x30 power and similar to the one shown here...Came with leather lens covers and leather carrying case.....It is numbered, but I don't know if that's a model or serial number.....Would it be a military or commercial scope?....I would assume military as it's reticle is similar to the ones the Germans used....Any information appreciated, including potential value....Bodes

I would assume military as it's reticle is similar to the ones the Germans used

What type do you mean? I thought the classic "T" type reticle was used on both military and civilian scopes. It's not really my bag although I have a few...

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Bilko View Post
      I would assume military as it's reticle is similar to the ones the Germans used

What type do you mean? I thought the classic "T" type reticle was used on both military and civilian scopes. It's not really my bag although I have a few...
      I guess my thinking would be more in lines with the classic cross hairs when it comes to civilian reticle patterns.....This and the mounts work something like the German military claw mounts....

Are you saying these are easy to find on your side of the pond?......I was only able to find the one photo on the internet.....No data....Nothing for sale on gunbroker or eBay....Only thing close being the Israeli mauser sniping scopes made by the same company....And those are very rare and hard to come by.....Bodes

Comment

I meant I have a few scopes by Zeiss, Voigtlander and some British. Wild Heerburg gear isn't too common over here.

Comment

For what it's worth, this site has it listed as a military instrument....Bodes

http://www.wild-heerbrugg.com/shop/index.php?cPath=1_13

Comment

Sounds good to me.

Comment

Thanks to Frank De Smedt, I was able to find out the scope was possibly for a Nicaraguan contracted K31....However, seems the rifles/scopes ended up in Israel instead in 1949....Here's a photo of one in a personal collection....Scope/mount are however set up backwards on the rifle.....Bodes

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X