Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reworked early Zeiss 8x60 binoculars

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/Jumelle-diens...sAAOSwo4pYQ~Ur

Markings suggest it was reworked at one point.

Check Seite 371 in green Seeger for one 7 numbers off this one.
    Last edited by Mikedenmark; 12-18-2016, 09:08 AM.

Interesting - and coated when reworked too. Notice the cold weather + - but what are the little plates on the objective covers for?

Comment

Why do you think it has been tampered with Mikedenmark? Might be, but I can't notice anything strange though... The plates are normal, they were used to attach the ocular rubbers when these were not in use.

Comment

Thanks La Breton for the plate info - I've not noticed them before. Maybe Mikedenmark is referring to the fact that the binocular dates from around 1928 but has Kriegsmarine markings (and is coated).

Is it just me or is there no Carl Zeiss marking either? Nice binocular though.

Comment

The DF marking is not original to this model. That is how newly made plates are marked at Zeiss. Even sized capital letters, almost looking like the Aerial font.

And, I suppose it was born with filters. At least the one shown by Seeger has filters, and is only 7 numbers away from this one.

Seeger has this sequence down as reworks as well. He list 4 known. No details.

I have never seen the small protrusions before. I have two like this one, and both has plain plates without any extra´s.
          (mine are not reworks, at least as far as I can see. Or. they were reworked at an earlier date.)
          I cannot see how I can use them for individual rubber eye cups? To me they look weird. And if rain, or seawater splashes, hit them, will they drain?

Still, the price level is not exactly my cup of tea.
          And I think it is too late to write Santa.

Comment

Hmm.. this one made a disappearance.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X