28" Monster scope - what is it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28" Monster scope - what is it ?

Guys, I looked around first, but I can't find another one like it. What is it, who made it, and any other info would be very appreciated to know before I offer it.
    I can tell you that it's a very well made piece, the lens are clear, just couldn't get the complete circle of my neighbors house down the street.

Thanks for all the replies in advance.

-wagner-
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

........ ......

Comment

It's a WW2 era Japanese 15x sight - probably made for Naval use (it's similar in design to British Royal Navy sights from WW1 onward). I think the maker is a version of Nikko Tokyo (who became Nikon) and the protrusion is for a small light attachment which illuminated the reticle.

The hole in the lens cap enabled it to be used in very bright conditions. I wish it was mine - most Japanese sights went down with the ships they were on....

Comment

Thank You Sgt. Bilko.
              I was told it was Japanese but I really didn't believe it because I never seen anything like it.

I would guess that any large Japanese naval optical sight would have gone down with the ships and that why very few survive today ?

>>The hole in the lens cap enabled it to be used in very bright conditions.<<
              Great piece of news, as that would make sense with all the water reflection.

-wagner-

Comment

if you put a light torch to the little hole in the side, when it is dark outside, you will see the cross inside light up.

Nice unusual optic.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X