Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

U9 U-Boat Voigtlander Braunschweig Binoculars

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-Germa...item3f520c92e2

I am not sure, but the objective rings doesn´t quite look like other navy voigtländers.
    I think.

Apart from that, an impressive item. I like the crown thingie.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikedenmark View Post
      I am not sure, but the objective rings doesn´t quite look like other navy voigtländers.
      It's weird. Not only don't the objective end caps and IPD adjustment knob look right but looking closely at the markings on the right plate I see 7x50 is repeated (already on the left plate) and the Voigtlander lion statue trademark is also present which I don't think is correct for the type. Looks to me like it's assembled from different binoculars.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing it, but I have never seen German Naval (or any other service) markings that resembled those either in style or in method of application placed on anything from the 1870s-1945.

The crown to my eye dose not even look similar to a German "Reichs" crown found on Imperial Marine items.......or these characters seem to be DEEPLY stamped (on an optical device no less!!) instead of etched or engraved....I see no property numbers so the other "property" markings would not serve much of a purpose.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X