Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mount for 20 degree - spesial ???

http://www.finn.no/finn/torget/annon...y=tysk+kikkert

For those forum members who do not read Norwegian a Google translation of the description in the link reads as follows:

Description

Unique telescope that was used on German warships.
    Very rare and valuable .
    Manufactured in Germany in 1925 .
    Created by Carl Zeiss
    Used for 2 World War.
    Everything works on it.
    All optical 100% in order and color shifting
    Is in order , tripod moves very well.
    Kanon telescope that was used to aim .

Bids at 7500 kr come innn

Like most owners of 10 or 18 x 80 binos I would love to have an original mount of some description.

The mount on the 10 x 80 bino that have been posted looks to be a very crudely made backyard mount. The welding/brazing on the mount looks to be very rough and unprofessional. I do not not know what the M.S. 1925 or serial number on the brass part of the mount reference (possibly some camera or surveying instrument part?). I would be very surprised if there was any original Kriegsmarine issued connection between that part of the mount and the binos.

Is there any reliable source (other than the seller's self-serving claim) to confirm that these type of binos were actually made in 1925?

Just my 2 cents' worth.
    Last edited by Michael Downey; 07-23-2015, 09:05 PM.

Comment

I agree with your observations Michael. The brass piece might have a marine origin, but the connection to the 20 degree looks custom made, to merely be able to use this binocular.

These binoculars were certainly not produced in 1925, it is a second model 20'degree, most like 1941-42.

Comment

The markings on the mount reminds me of french navy markings.
        But for which bino or instrument the mount was made originally, I cannot say.

The bino itself is of course german WWII

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X