Carl Zeiss Jena F.6x30 Marine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carl Zeiss Jena F.6x30 Marine?

What do you think about this binoculars?
    I never saw a Carl Zeiss Jena Bino like this before.
    The "F." instead of "D.F." is very strange.
    The condition of the binoculars is nearly mint. But why have the screw heads no paint?
    http://www.ebay.de/itm/Fernglas-Carl...item46339f8046

Maybe it's been refurbished - some people think shiny screws look good. I'm not sure about the F 6x30 though - although the reticule and anchor look fine.

The anchor is lightly different to the one on my 1918 "Weimar" marine 6x30 - but the same as one on Han's 8x60. My one is just an outline - so maybe an earlier version?

I might be interested if it wasn't so highly priced...

Comment

Wilddieb. The F is not the only weird detail. Take a closer look at each letter in the markings.
      I wonder why people, who can make this kind of engravings, still makes mistakes.
      Very Good. I don´t want to buy it.
      It is likely to sell.

Comment

buyer

At this price my bet is that it will not sell.

Comment

Someone liked it -
          Best Offer accepted

Comment

See page 97 of Seeger's excellent "Green Book" - it's a good un from 1925

Comment

F6x30

This particular binocular is depicted on page 97 of Dr Seeger's new green book.
              There are two other identical binoculars (ie with F 6x30)
              One is 1305436 with LA 1926 on the left and Zeiss Karoly Gyor (sold 1/14 for $750) and the other is 1322877 also Zeiss Karoly Gyor (sold 10/13 for £260). They both have the same horizontal and vertical graticule as today's example. There is, sadly, a tendency to "rubbish" binoculars that have not been seen by one or another reader. That cannot be right.

Comment

It must be from around 1925.
                The anchor marking was used in 1925 and 1926. At least on navy luger pistol holsters. Which, incidently, are dated.

I have taken another look, and I have to admit, I cannot see what I was talking about here in may.
                The J in Jena looks odd, and to me it looks like the lettering of Art Nr 5 sort of "dance" on the baseline.

Maybe I am just not used to look at bino´s in such a nice condition.
                Or maybe I have read too much about fake markings.

Comment

I've sold a quite a few Zeiss vintage binoculars. Many from the 20s and earlier had chrome plated screw heads, so IMO it's genuine and if Mr Zeiss say it is, then it is !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X