Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about German Binoculars...

Hi Folks,

This my german binoculars....I bought of a widower of an American veteran some years behind...

Somebody helps to identify it?

Thanks!!!

Best regards,

Ricardo.

More photos...

Comment

Comment

Case:

Compass - It´s normal??

Comment

Hello Ricardo,

Nice set! The case is for a US signals binocular. The binocs themselves are not WWII issue. They appear more from the Weimar era. At first I was going to say they were civilian but the marking on the right flat killed that notion, so I would put them in the 1930-33 time frame.

Gary

Originally posted by rnacul
          Case:

Compass - It´s normal??

Comment

Hi Gary,

Thank you!!!

Regards,

Ricardo.

Comment

Gary,

Just curious,...what identifies the case as being U.S.? I have a set of German binocs (civilian) and the case look very similar.

Greg
              sigpic
              Sgt. Mahlon E. Sebring, 82nd ABN, 319th Glider Field Arty. A Battery - Normandy to Berlin

As it was their duty to defend our freedom, so it becomes our duty to honor their service.

Comment

contents
                sigpic
                Sgt. Mahlon E. Sebring, 82nd ABN, 319th Glider Field Arty. A Battery - Normandy to Berlin

As it was their duty to defend our freedom, so it becomes our duty to honor their service.

Comment

different view
                  sigpic

Comment

Binoculars and compass case.

Ricardo: The binocular is German military about 1910. The compass case looks right also. The way to tell the difference between the US and German compasses is that the German will have an "O" in place of the "E" on the compass face. The Hensoldt you pictured is commercial about 1935. Bill

Compass - It´s normal??

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Hi Greg and Bill,

Thank you for the aid!!

Greg: Its binoculars lode with some Veteran? (the boxes are very similar). Mine is was "Liberad" in Italy in 1944 for one American Officer.

Regards,

Ricardo.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X